Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
T.G

Pallet loads?

Palleted loads anyone got a good courier/experience or is this a good price 1200 x 2300 x 1000 up to a tonne 150?

Cheers
Nick

Try Shipley.
misty07

My old company I worked for started delivering for upn I may have a leaflet somewhere but I remember pallets started at bout 45 but 150 a pallet looks steep depends on distances I suppose
T.G

Try Shipley.

I've used Shipley before not so keen on the bidding format.

It's traveling 560 miles or there about and there will be an element of regularity, plus there may well be some international need in the not too distant future so I'd like to use someone who I can continue with.

The quotes from palletline.
Bodger

Baines Bros in Bangor charged me 55.00 to carry a ton on a pallet from South Wales up here to North Wales. I thought that was pretty good and they are part of a national pallet delivery service.
Shan

150 is really expensive if it is within the UK (excluding islands and Northern Ireland).

I would also say it depends on what it is. I used to pay about 70 excl VAT to transport hazardous goods (ADR driver required) on a standard delivery to Scotland. If it had not been hazardous, the cost would have been reduced. In think the haz-chem surcharge (included in the 70) was about 22.

Try Palletline, RH Freight, Crowfoots and even TNT.
T.G

150 is really expensive if it is within the UK (excluding islands and Northern Ireland).

I would also say it depends on what it is. I used to pay about 70 excl VAT to transport hazardous goods (ADR driver required) on a standard delivery to Scotland. If it had not been hazardous, the cost would have been reduced. In think the haz-chem surcharge (included in the 70) was about 22.

Try Palletline, RH Freight, Crowfoots and even TNT.

The 150 quote is with palletline, but I'll try some of the others.
Shan

Gosh, I never paid more than about 50 with them - frightening! T.G

Gosh, I never paid more than about 50 with them - frightening!

The pallet size as I can determine from TNT's website is 1200 x 800 x 1800

Whereas the pallet size in the quote form Palletline is bigger, being 1200 x 1000 x 2300.

It isn't for hazardous chemicals or such it's for machinery.
Went

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the bus (runs and hides) Razz Shan

Gosh, I never paid more than about 50 with them - frightening!

The pallet size as I can determine from TNT's website is 1200 x 800 x 1800

Whereas the pallet size in the quote form Palletline is bigger, being 1200 x 1000 x 2300.

It isn't for hazardous chemicals or such it's for machinery.

Our pallets were always 1200 x 1000 and the height approx 1200. Weight approx 1.1 tons and it was UN 1956 transport class 2.2 (so ADR) or if it was cyliners, it would be 1200 x 1000 x about 2000 and normally about 600 to 700 kgs. Same ADR

They are taking the piss with you.

Another one to try is Clarkes Transport - although, they are not as good as they used to be.
T.G

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get the bus (runs and hides) Razz I'd doubt we'd get you through the double doors Wink

Shan, they probably are taking the piddle a bit Neutral
Rob R

I thought the same as Shan but then didn't reply to this when I realised that my price list only relates to standard sized pallets (1200 x 1200). Our prices vary with quarter, half & full pallets, and where it is going in the country and how quick it needs to get there. County4x4

If the pallet is 2300 wide - then you'll probably find that they're charging you for taking up almost two pallets worth of floor space on the wagon. And if it's a long journey, then you'll be taking up that space on a number of wagons belonging to different members of the pallet network as it makes it's way to the destination. All those companies need to make a bit of profit on it.

Andy
T.G

If the pallet is 2300 wide - then you'll probably find that they're charging you for taking up almost two pallets worth of floor space on the wagon. And if it's a long journey, then you'll be taking up that space on a number of wagons belonging to different members of the pallet network as it makes it's way to the destination. All those companies need to make a bit of profit on it.

Andy

Those were the sizes they quoted to me as their pallet size. I merely asked about a pallet.

Besides, due to me knowing the destination I was satisfied with the cost I was curious to know what others thought and were paying Smile
Rob R

Besides, due to me knowing the destination I was satisfied with the cost I was curious to know what others thought and were paying Smile

Assuming a standard sized pallet, full on economy service, from 60 up to 120 to the Highlands inc VAT & fuel surcharge. Double it to have it collected from and delivered to a third party or an extra 10 to have it collected from elsewhere and delivered to here.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home