Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Midland Spinner

Pay Pal - what do you use for your business?

Looking into Paypal for our business and wondering what option we need.
What do you use for your business?
Chez

I just use whatever the basic one is. I reckoned if I started with that, then I could always upgrade it when I needed to.
earthyvirgo

I use the 'standard' ..I think that's what it's called.
Fee free but they take a small percentage of sales.

Works well for me. Not one problem in 3 years or so.
People seem more than happy to use it.

Easy to set up to which for me was a consideration. I wanted something I didn't need to hassle vegplot about.

EV
Rob R

What are the options?
earthyvirgo

What are the options?

No programming skills are required for Website Payments Standard. It is our easiest and most popular way to accept credit and debit card payments online.

Website Payments Pro enables you to process debit cards and credit cards directly on your website. It's a merchant account and gateway in one.

Express checkout - If you already accept debit cards and credit cards on your website, make sure you also accept PayPal as a payment option.

EV
Rob R

Thanks, I was curious as not near a pc to check.
gz

I use Paypal. I had problems setting up, but that was me Embarassed
Shan

We used paypal pro because we battled with anything over a few thousand pounds with the standard and because customers want to be able to give you their order over the phone - also with bulk orders there are discounts and it would make the product page too complex to go into discounts one the website.
Shan

There is a way round it all if you have a card machine. Romancart (shopping basket) allows you to take card details over the web and then process seperately through your card machine.
Handmade Lives

I've used PayPal for years I send my customers completely off site to use it . I want to be arm's length that way if PayPal lets them down in any way its doesn't look like me.

I have had no significant problems and I have used the Standard version for ten years. Refunds are also really easy and they pay into your account swiftly.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home