Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Lorrainelovesplants

people that dont pay bills

We did some servicing/repair work for a local hire firm, and gave them an invoice on the day we returned their stuff. This was over a month ago - still not paid.

I sent them a reminder 6 days ago and despite a promise of cash the next day - still not paid.

Its for £81 - not a lot of money, but Im cross about it.

Ideas? Realistic ones (I dont really want to be jailed for threatening)
Pilsbury

Do you get a lot of work from them or could you do without it?
If you survive without them I would be tempted to send them a copy of the invoice. The reminder. Their reply and a letter saying that due to the unpaid amount any work done will have to be paid for with cleared funds before the,item is returned to them and a storage fee or £x per week will become due after Tue first 7 days in future.
Rob R

You can make a claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk for £25. I only found out as I recently received a claim against me, but as I'd already paid the bill I responded as such & I believe the claimant has to pay the fees, so make sure they haven't already paid you before claiming.
Chez

Can you ring up tomorrow and say you are passing their way in a day or two and will be popping in for the cash, to save them bothering to post a cheque?
Hairyloon

I believe you are legally allowed to charge interest after 28 days...
vegplot

write a letter/email saying that you'd rather not make an interest charge for overdue payment but reluctantly you will have to if not paid within x days.

https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-payments-interest-debt-recovery/charging-interest-commercial-debt
yummersetter

A month!! I'm expecting payment soon from last year's invoices, that's the way my industry works.
Chez

A month!! I'm expecting payment soon from last year's invoices, that's the way my industry works.

It does vary from industry to industry, so widely. We invoice on 30 days, expect to get paid around 45 days and start getting slightly snitty at 60. And if they don't pay by 90 days we don't work for them again without payment up front.
graysalchemy

Send them a statement, followed by another a week later asking for payment politely but remind them of your terms, then send another letter threatening to take them to court, then send another saying you are taking action, that usually ,makes them ring you to say oh the cheque is in the post.

If that hasn't work just take a small claims action, its better to threaten and take action than not carry out your threats you don't want other customers to think you are a pushover.
gardening-girl

Our nice cleaning person(work) did me a favour by cleaning the carpets in our let property.To be paid by moving out tenant.
After a month,she still had not been paid.
I walked into his shop last Friday,and said
""I believe you owe me £95.50,I am quite happy to wait until I get it,cash would be nice""
Sat myself in a chair, and waited,whilst all the customers in the shop looked at both of us.
He went straight to the cashpoint, and got me the cash. Laughing Laughing
alison

Our nice cleaning person(work) did me a favour by cleaning the carpets in our let property.To be paid by moving out tenant.
After a month,she still had not been paid.
I walked into his shop last Friday,and said
""I believe you owe me £95.50,I am quite happy to wait until I get it,cash would be nice""
Sat myself in a chair, and waited,whilst all the customers in the shop looked at both of us.
He went straight to the cashpoint, and got me the cash. Laughing Laughing

I've done that before , and I have turned up at someones house to collect storage money, after they bounced a cheque, having collected their van for a holiday, then decided not to come back. Polite and firm is a good way to go.
Lorrainelovesplants

Ive phoned again this morning and he says he'll be round in 20 mins with the cash...........

the 20 mins has come and gone.............
If nothing by 9am I will start writing a letter......

and, no we dont need the business, and Im happy to name and shame.
Lorrainelovesplants

Right, Ive copied the original bill, the reminder and written a letter stating terms (clearly noted on the original bill), and that I expect cleared payment by 15th Nov, and that after this I will be charging interest and storage.
Should I hand deliver or post?
Chez

I'd pop round with it. You might embarrass them in to giving you the cash. gemini

Hi

In my old life, there were factoring companies, you would send all your invoices into them, they would pay them for a small fee, they then would chase them for you,it was ideal for small businesses, as you got control of your cashflow, and could always depend on your invoices being paid, they also used to check out your supplier and set a credit limit. Barclays used to do it, but if you go to your small business advisor, they will probably have an up to date list, but it was brilliant for small companies, and would help them grow in a competitve market Gemini
Lorrainelovesplants

I just think its really cheeky.

We always try and help local businesses, we dont charge vast amounts and because we know they rely on machinery we turn machinery around really quickly.

PPH Hire in wadebridge..shame on you. (also in Bude)
Rob R

Perhaps they're having the same problems you are, ie waiting for customers to pay them before they can pay you, rather than being purposefully cheeky. 12Bore

I'd pop round with it. You might embarrass them in to giving you the cash.
This might work, but if it doesn't you'll have no proof or record of the letter being received should you need it later. Royal Mail Special Delivery will give you that proof with an on-line proof of delivery record.
gardening-girl

Go to the branch, and ask for your money,preferably when the sho-p has other customers. mark

Re: people that dont pay bills

We did some servicing/repair work for a local hire firm, and gave them an invoice on the day we returned their stuff. This was over a month ago - still not paid.

I sent them a reminder 6 days ago and despite a promise of cash the next day - still not paid.

Its for £81 - not a lot of money, but Im cross about it.

Ideas? Realistic ones (I dont really want to be jailed for threatening)

The most important thing is to learn for the future even if you get this sorted out.
Make sure you giver future customers a copy of your terms and conditions with your initially quotation/estimate. Include penalties for late payment.
You can still take action to rev=cover money with interest if you don't do this but it does make life a lot easier.
It also give you something easy to refer rather than disputing law ..
Lorrainelovesplants

We will not do work for this company again.

Giving a quotation is problematic.

Most people who bring in something for repair dont know what is wrong with it. neither do we until we take it apart. Depending on the problem and age we may or may not be able to track down spares, so unless it is going to be horrendous (in which case we phone them to advise on costs and await their decision to go ahead) we cant know what something is going to cost.

All our exising customers know this, and are happy with this. If they phone we explain this to them, and they are happy with this.
mark

Giving a quotation is problematic.

Most people who bring in something for repair dont know what is wrong with it. neither do we until we take it apart. Depending on the problem and age we may or may not be able to track down spares, so unless it is going to be horrendous (in which case we phone them to advise on costs and await their decision to go ahead) we cant know what something is going to cost.

All our exising customers know this, and are happy with this. If they phone we explain this to them, and they are happy with this.

You can still give them terms and conditions even without a quote .. there is never any harm about being clear about expected payment dates etc. and even the procedure you outline above.
eg 14 days after work is completed.
You can also publish terms and conditions on a website and send them a link in an email or put it on your card etc etc.
Chez

Do you think they are genuinely trying to avoid paying, or are they just dateless and a bit crap? I agree, I wouldn't want to work for them again.
yummersetter

It does vary from industry to industry, so widely. We invoice on 30 days, expect to get paid around 45 days and start getting slightly snitty at 60. And if they don't pay by 90 days we don't work for them again without payment up front.

Those are our terms but the reality is that our client's clients are multinational large magazines who pay on publication, whenever they deem that to be, sometimes six to twelve months on, and we get paid after they do. Often a winter fashion shoot will be done in January for the November edition which is edited in August . And any strop from anyone in the chain means the work goes elsewhere.

I would say that virtually all my incoming invoices are with terms as Chez's, and the usual expected time of payment is the end of the month following the invoice date, so it's possible that your customer uses the same timescale.
Lorrainelovesplants

No, he was told on collection of the machinery that its cash on completion. I think he's trying it on, not just dozy....I mean you dont promise to come up in 20 min and then dont........(he's said this twice now).

Putting the terms and conditions on the website is a good idea though - Ill do this.
Rob R

No, he was told on collection of the machinery that its cash on completion.

Therein lies your problem - saying one thing yet allowing him to go away without paying.
Chez

I think he's trying it on, not just dozy....I mean you dont promise to come up in 20 min and then dont........(he's said this twice now).

Definitely fobbing you off, then. I'd pop down to the shop with a folding chair and pretend you're Gardening Girl.

I loathe customers who lie about when they're going to pay - the only times it's happened to me, the companies have folded soon afterwards - in the second case taking us with it. A valuable lesson. I'd much rather they said 'we can't pay you this week, we're waiting for someone to pay us'. As Jean describes, our industry tends to be infinite chains of sub-contractors, too.
Lorrainelovesplants

Had an email from Shelley, his book-keeper, asking for bank details to do a BACS transfer as they dont have a cheque book and arent allowed to deal with cash because, and I quote, "its untraceable" and she "cant tie it up with her book-keeping".

Words fail me.

I have emailed back basically a copy of the letter I delivered round there this afternoon.

...........and we still have some of his equipment, and will be keeping same until full payment has been made.
Rob R

The debt aside, I can see where she's coming form on the cash front, it also costs more to bank. At least you have some security if they don't pay, though. Nick

How have they paid you in the past? Lorrainelovesplants

This is the first (and last ) time we have had any dealings with them. crofter

I have emailed back basically a copy of the letter I delivered round there this afternoon.

I hope you included your bank details!
Ty Gwyn

...........and we still have some of his equipment, and will be keeping same until full payment has been made.

I would imagine that the equipment valuation you hold of this company far excedes the £81 they owe for repairs,hence they are not going to renege on paying their bill,as they know the law would allow you to sell their goods after 28days of notifying them of the case,if payment is not made.

On the otherhand,you could lose a regular supply of work,well in excess of the money owing at the time by naming and shaming.

You hold the best hand as they say,sit on it,it will be to your benefit in the end.
Shan

As you are unable to give pricing at the start of a job due to the nature of repair work, perhaps, as a compromise you can charge a retainer and once the job is done, you either refund the difference or they pay you the difference, depending on the cost of the job. The refund or the excess to be paid on collection of the machinery. Lorrainelovesplants

I did NOT include bank details as Im uncomfortable with giving these out. Is there a risk?
Ive been told (by the book-keeper amazingly enough) a couple of things that increase my wariness of this company.
Rob R

I did NOT include bank details as Im uncomfortable with giving these out. Is there a risk?

It's the same level of risk as writing a cheque. All the bank details they need are printed on cheques.
Lorrainelovesplants

Fair point.

I have spoken to our bank and explained the situation. They have said that giving out bank details does have an element of risk, so for the present, I am going to await and see..........
Shan

It is standard practice to give BAC's details on an invoice. Rob R

I use it as one of my criteria for selecting suppliers - if they won't give me bank details I either don't use them or they go to the bottom of the payment priority list. Shan

Exactly. Make it difficult for someone to pay you and you will get paid last. crofter

Exactly. Make it difficult for someone to pay you and you will get paid last.

Yes. I am surprised Lorraine's bank advised that letting them know her account details was "risky"
Rob R

Yes. I am surprised Lorraine's bank advised that letting them know her account details was "risky"

I guess they've got to cover their own, just in case something went amiss.
crofter

I guess they've got to cover their own, just in case something went amiss.

Well, I suppose there is a risk that she might get paid.

Quote:
It makes business sense to actively encourage all you customers to pay you direct by Bacs Direct Credit, the benefits are numerous.

Better cashflow
Payments arrive instantly as cleared funds, so you can use the money straight away. You'll also earn interest earlier too.

Saves time
Because Bacs Direct Credit payments go straight into your business account, you spend less time handling and banking cash and cheques.

More secure
Cash and cheques can go missing.

Prompt payment
Money will arrive in your account the day it is expected.

More reliable
Organisations using Bacs Direct Credit typically pay earlier than those who don't. They also tend not to forget to make payments.
How to be paid by Bacs Direct Credit

Bacs Direct Credit payments are easy to arrange. Simply contact the organisation making the payment to check that they are able to initiate direct payments and supply them with the following information:

The name(s) on the account
Your bank or building society account number
The branch sort code of your bank.

It is important that the correct payment reference information is included with all electronic payments so that you can easily connect the payments you receive to the correct organisations account. Ensure you include the payment reference on all of your bills. Find out further details about payment reference information.

It is also a good idea to put your sort code and account number on all your invoices – and print ‘Pay Me Direct’ alongside.

Rob R

There was the Clarkson incident, though. I can't really fathom why a system can't be set up to allow people only to identify your account for the purposes of paying in. That said I guess it's probably because it's not a problem - people can't set up payments to themselves or anyone connected to them or they'd be traceable. kopperdrake

If you're going to charge interest on money owed then I believe you need it in your terms and conditions, and make sure any supplier sees the T&C's beforehand.

We've sent out the nasty small claims letter a few times, and every time the person has paid up without getting as far as the court. Some try it on, one genuinely had issues, so we worked out a staged payment for them over several months (though I still have my suspicions they were cadging it slightly). First thing you need to do is fire of a Final Reminder invoice, and send it recorded delivery, to prove they received it. That's what the FSB told me to do.
crofter

If you're going to charge interest on money owed then I believe you need it in your terms and conditions, and make sure any supplier sees the T&C's beforehand.

Or print "Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at the rate of ..." at the bottom of your invoice, next to your bank details.
Lorrainelovesplants

Crofter - can I ask where your quote came from? Nick

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesses/BacsDirectCredit/Receiving/Pages/Receiving.aspx Lorrainelovesplants

Thank you.

I will bite the bullet and get the BACS organised.
vegplot

Fair point.

I have spoken to our bank and explained the situation. They have said that giving out bank details does have an element of risk, so for the present, I am going to await and see..........

We send the details out as a matter of course in an email along with the PDF invoice (or pro forma). We find it helps cash flow.
Lorrainelovesplants

Still no joy.
I emailed the book-keeper yesterday as a courteous reminder and was told (at 6pm) that she had finally organised the BACS.

Been to bank this morning who say no BACS organised.
12Bore

BACS payments are only instant if the payer pays for that service, there are differing speeds of delivery, depending upon the service paid for. crofter

Still no joy.
I emailed the book-keeper yesterday as a courteous reminder and was told (at 6pm) that she had finally organised the BACS.

Been to bank this morning who say no BACS organised.

When I set up new payment details, there is a short delay (usually an hour) before any payments can be made, so she may have set it up 6pm last night but not been able to transfer any money until today. Give her a ring and ask if she has paid you yet, then check your a/c again.
Lorrainelovesplants

will do. Lorrainelovesplants

okay, have sent a reminder on Friday 16th - no reply.

have been to the bank today and still no payment.

I have checked the banks details I have emailed them and they are correct (at my end). Now what? Surely, if she really had set up the BACS on the Wed evening, then there would have been a payment made by now. Apparently they bank with Lloyds.
crofter

She hasn't made the payment, I would give her a ring and ask when she is going to do it...

However, it's normal for many businesses to settle invoices at the end of the following month after receiving them, so if your invoice went out at the beginning of October(?) it could be that they have no intention of paying it until the end of November.

Or, it may be that they have no intention of paying it at all, but since you still have their goods(?) I think they will.
Lorrainelovesplants

I have no phone number for the book-keeper. The firms trading phone number is only ever answered by a man who never passes any messages on and the owner is 'never' there. robkb

Long before now I'd have emailed them demanding immediate payment or legal action to recover the debt if they don't pay by a specific date.

Can you not threaten to sell their equipment to recoup your losses?
Nick

What's the equipment, and how much do you want for it? Twisted Evil Midland Spinner

I think that she said in her original post that she'd delivered it back - if so, Sad

What about appearing with a blacksmith and just 'politely' asking in person?

I do not condone what a chap I knew years ago did:
Turned up on the doorstep first thing in the morning and asked politely for the money - when he was told to 'go away' he pointed out the minimix wagon sitting with its chute aimed at the open manhole at the bottom of the drive and just mentioned that at one shout from him, his mate at the wagon could have a few cubic metres of quick-drying down the manhole before the defaulter could stop him. He got his money (good thing too, as it turned out, as the wagon was empty!)
Nick

Oh yeah. Bugger.

Go, hire something, and hang on to it.
Rob R

Page 2;

...........and we still have some of his equipment, and will be keeping same until full payment has been made. Midland Spinner

Page 2;

Still don't condone the minimix of quick-set Very Happy
alison

Lorraine has the next lot of stuff still to be mended, but obviously not worked on yet. Lorrainelovesplants

My thoughts are to do another whole set of letters with a new one stating in pretty direct (yet polite) terms that as I still have not received cleared payment of the original invoice costs of £81 and having made clear that he is now liable for interest payments of 6% on this, that I am giving him 5 working days in which to pay the new total of £86.17(is this right?), and that I am now instigating debt recovery procedures against him.
I will post this all recorded or registered(which would be best?)

How about this?
alison

My thoughts are to do another whole set of letters with a new one stating in pretty direct (yet polite) terms that as I still have not received cleared payment of the original invoice costs of £81 and having made clear that he is now liable for interest payments of 6% on this, that I am giving him 5 working days in which to pay the new total of £86.17(is this right?), and that I am now instigating debt recovery procedures against him.
I will post this all recorded or registered(which would be best?)

How about this?

Not sure if you are allowed, but my debt recovery, and I would make it clear, is to sell the goods you still hold, against the balance of what is already owed. In the caravan repossession I would then have to refund any money collected over what they owed. This would be after admin fees too, of course.
Nick

6% interest how often? Monthly, I think is the norm, but daily or annually makes a difference. RichardW

I think the interest you can charge is x% over base rate or X bank's rate per year.

A better way is to up your base charges but give a larger % off for prompt payment.
Shan

Send them a reminder and notification that if it is not paid within 72 hours, you will have to charge them a late payment fee (which will be levied every month), to cover the costs you have so far incurred in chasing them up. Also, indicate that you will be pursuing both amounts through the small claims court. Lorrainelovesplants

Okay, so im a little confused now. Neutral

If I charge them a late payment fee 1. what kind of sum are we talking? and 2. If I do carry out the threat to take them to court what am I telling the court that they owe (as this will be two different amounts - the original £81, plus the £81 plus the late payment fee of £?)

The machinery we have from them is unrepaired. This will cost me money for parts and time to put right or else they wouldnt be worth selling. If repaired, John has valued them at around £200.
How long a time before I can just sell their stuff, and after I have deducted what they owe, how do I prove what they sold for?
vegplot

Go back and read the link in my first post on this thread, it details what you can realistically charge. Shan

I know BOC charge a £25 late payment fee. The amount yo claim would include the initial charge plus the late payment fee. RichardW

In this case I dont think that you can charge any fees or interest now as they were not part of the contract you had with them.

You can chase them through the small claims court & add your actual costs to the amount owed.

Not sure why you have added the £81 twice?
Lorrainelovesplants

Ive had a read of the link again, and been on the the phone to a couple of totally useless organisations (and one useful one).

The upshot is that the cost of taking a county court case against them will cost £80. The money they owe is £81.
There is no guarantee that they will pay, in which case I need to enforce it (more money).
If they have other CC judgments against them then Im one in a queue..............

If I decide not to pursue the debt can I just sell the machinery we have of theirs? Would I have to write and inform them of my intention to sell this machinery in lieu of the outstanding debt?
alison

When we have a caravan that is outstanding in payment I dotwo letters, and a bill, all in one envelope, that needs to be signed for.

The first letter is the notification that the bill needs to be paid in 21 day (you can specify) and then the goods you hold can be taken away.

The 2nd letter states if the goods aren't paid and collected then that they have a futher month to sort it out.

They are also sent an invoice.

Once the date is passed the goods are mine to do with as I need.

For caravans the ones left are never very good, and I have a man who will take them for the cost of 6 months storage, so I never owe the person any money. If the goods are worth more, then the difference minus admin and ex's is sent to them.

If the letter arrives back, unknown at this address, or couldn't be delivered, do not open it, just keep it filed, and then you can show you have taken due care to get into contact with them.
Rob R

The upshot is that the cost of taking a county court case against them will cost £80. The money they owe is £81.

The small claims link I sent (www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) costs £25 & they pay it if you are sucessful, as far as I can work out.
Lorrainelovesplants

Thanks Rob - have given myself time to read this now. Embarassed Lorrainelovesplants

FINALLY

HAVE GOT THE MONEY.

Dont ask. Wink
Nick

Best you hurry up and fix their other stuff. You don't want to lose customers. Wink alison

FINALLY

HAVE GOT THE MONEY.

Dont ask. Wink

Yay!
Shan

FINALLY

HAVE GOT THE MONEY.

Dont ask. Wink

Now, that is simply too tantalising... how did you manage it?
Nick

Indeed. It's like one of those big red buttons that says DO NOT PUSH.

What happened?
Chez

Did you go round there and brandish a strimmer in a threatening manner? crofter

FINALLY

HAVE GOT THE MONEY.

Dont ask. Wink

Hooray!
Rob R

It's what Midland Spinner 'suggested', I reckon Wink Midland Spinner

It's what Midland Spinner 'suggested', I reckon Wink

I didn't suggest it - I specifically said that I didn't condone it. And if there's a peer reading this, they shouldn't be unless they agree to downsize.
Rob R

It's what Midland Spinner 'suggested', I reckon Wink

I didn't suggest it - I specifically said that I didn't condone it.

I'm sure it still amounts to encitement, just mentioning it. evil3

BTW
Code:
:evil3:
looks just like
Code:
:evil1:
when published, nothing like it's meant to. Lorrainelovesplants

Lets just say................
I had a persuasive face to face conversation.

And we will be returing their broken gear....in the same state.

I have loads of nice paying customers and now understand why they had 'problems' with another garden machinery repair company.
Lorrainelovesplants

But.......

I have learned something (well, a few things)from this whole episode -
firstly, I will be changing my invoices to make clear our terms & conditions, and adding these to our website.
Secondly, I (alone)will deal with invoices and chasing people.

A big thank you to all - although a small sum, this has unduly stressed me. Im all for supporting local businesses and really do try to help them out, but this has taught me a lesson - business is business.
Rob R

Lets just say................
I had a persuasive face to face conversation.

And we will be returing their broken gear....in the same state.

You could easily read that the wrong way Laughing
Lorrainelovesplants

Awwwww..........Im a sweetie.........ask anyone who's met me.

I can just be....persuasive

and persistent

and loud Very Happy
Midland Spinner

Awwwww..........Im a sweetie.........ask anyone who's met me.

I can just be....persuasive

and persistent

and loud Very Happy

Ah Stubbornness - one of the Seven Deadly Virtues

(I should know!)
Midland Spinner

So sad: a beautifully talented friend of mine has just announced that she's decided to take a 'proper job' as she can't take the stress of waiting for people to pay (or not...) for costume they've ordered, had made to measure and then decided not to buy.

The world is poorer as her talent will now be stifled in an office, and all because a few selfish or stupid people couldn't or wouldn't pay what they owed.
Rob R

I suspect there's more to it than just non-payers, as she could put a system in place to rectify that, but the pressure on small business is huge right now, every payment counts. You can never underestimate what a difference the security of a wage brings, even if there's a chance there of your job being taken away, out of your control, at least when you're working the money is coming in regularly and predictably. Midland Spinner

I suspect there's more to it than just non-payers.

Yes there is, but non-payers are the worst part of the problem. (I simplified it for posting on a public forum!)

I didn't bother mentioning weather, cancelled events, recession, difficulty/cost of getting hold of materials, increased utility bills etc. etc. as I assumed that most people would realise that the the problem was more complex than I put in one short post!
Rob R

I suspect there's more to it than just non-payers.

Yes there is, but non-payers are the worst part of the problem. (I simplified it for posting on a public forum!)

I didn't bother mentioning weather, cancelled events, recession, difficulty/cost of getting hold of materials, increased utility bills etc. etc. as I assumed that most people would realise that the the problem was more complex than I put in one short post!

I mean non-payers are relatively easy to rectify, compared to all the others things. You can charge interest, take deposits or payment up front, not take work from persistent offenders, etc. That may be the excuse she is making for the decision but I doubt it's the biggest problem overall.
Midland Spinner

You are right of course Rob, the main cause is the general lack of customers at all because what she makes are non-essential garments so they go to the back of the spending queue.

But when some of the few customers you have then default (despite your best efforts) it's stressful, demoralising and ultimately unsupportable because there are bills to pay.

eta. and in that business you can't afford 'persistent offenders' - one strike and you are out (unfortunately I believe that some of the defaulters are "friends" of hers and are taking advantage of her friendship to default.)
Hairyloon

So sad: a beautifully talented friend of mine has just announced that she's decided to take a 'proper job' as she can't take the stress of waiting for people to pay (or not...) for costume they've ordered, had made to measure and then decided not to buy.

I think people should be quicker to litigate: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
It is not difficult, and I would expect that in many cases, a pre-action letter which points out the added costs will likely achieve results.
yummersetter

That depends where the power lies - if the slow-paying customer has a host of suppliers to chose from and can easily drop you off the list, and you need their orders to stay in business, aggressive tactics can put you out of business far quicker that a month or two's wait for payment. Midland Spinner

That depends where the power lies - if the slow-paying customer has a host of suppliers to chose from and can easily drop you off the list, and you need their orders to stay in business, aggressive tactics can put you out of business far quicker that a month or two's wait for payment.

Or if what you supply is non-essential or luxury they can easily decide to do without.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Home Home Home Home Home