Pheasant Ramen - Japanese style noodle soup
- Vegetables - whatever you've got - Spring onion. Onion, Lettuce, cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, water chestnut, mushrooms, sweetcorn, asparagus, beans, peas, peppers, cucumber
- Good stock - chicken or beef
- teriyaki sauce (soy with hoisin, or balsamic vinegar will do, with some garlic, or asian spices)
- Pheasant breasts
- Slice the vegetables as thinly as possible, as you're not cooking them.
- Marinade your breast, or a steak or whatever in teriyaki sauce.
- Hot stock into bowl.
- Portion of noodles into stock.
- vegetables into bowl.
- Flash fry meat over very hot flame till crispy on outside, but red in the middle.
- Slice into about 6/8 bits, and 'float' on top of the vegetable and noodles.
Traditionally eaten with chopsticks, a spoon and plenty of slurping.