Plum and Rosemary Traybake
- 200g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1/2 pack Fresh rosemary - finely chopped (this is adapted from a Waitrose recipe so guessing a couple of teaspoons)
- 3 large eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 150g SR Flour
- Grated zest 1 lemon + 2tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh plums cut in half, stones removed
- 150g icing sugar
- Set oven at 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Grease a 30x23cm roasting tin and line with baking parchment
- Beat together the butter, sugar and rosemary until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, almonds, flour and zest. Beat to combine.
- Spoon into the tin and level.
- Arrange the plum halves on top - alternating cut side up, cut side down.
- Bake for 50-55mins until pale coloured and firm to touch. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins. Carefully turn out.
- In a small bowl combine the sieved icing sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Using a teaspoons drizzle the icing over the cake.
- Cool and eat.
You can use all sorts of different fruit on the top.