Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
sean

Public Service Broadcasting...

in Exeter Cathedral for twenty quid (gets you a load of other bands too).
Clicky
Nick

The Dutch Uncles are worth that alone. Think my brother would mind awfully if I told him he needs to find a new best man?
sean

Can't see why he would really.
Nick

And I'd be abandoning my wife, shortly after major surgery. Can I crash at yours? Potentially, for some months.
sean

We're booked into a hotel. There's a post-show party apparently.
sean

Didn't see the Dutch Uncles in the end in the interests of being front and centre for PSB.
Had a very nice meal at the Dinosaur Cafe (It's a Turkish restaurant, nothing to do with dinosaurs at all.). Tiger Lion who were on before PSB in the cathedral were very good and I shall investigate them further.
PSB were absolutely great. He's positively chatty on stage nowadays. JF Abraham gets a bonus mention for being the happiest person I've ever seen on a stage.
Nick

Did he sing? We're off to Rock City in a couple of weeks.

Abraham is far too perky.
sean

Live (heavily processed) vocals on I Believe in Progress.
Assuming it's the same show you're in for a treat. (In general, not especially the live vocals bit.)
Nick

Live (heavily processed) vocals on I Believe in Progress.
Assuming it's the same show you're in for a treat. (In general, not especially the live vocals bit.)

Tbf, they've never let me down. And I even danced with them as we watched Duran Duran together.
sean

Thank you for that beautiful mental image.
Chez

That's lovely.
Nick

Jealousy is a very toxic emotion.
sean

We're off to Rock City in a couple of weeks.

Nice early night for you then.
Nick

Yep. Stalker.

Although, no. I'll go to the pub after. It's very odd going out after a gig tho. Don't like t but it's becoming much more common. Places now closing at ten, so they can have a club night.
sean

Or so that they don't lose their licenses because the neighbours whinge. Nick

Or so that they don't lose their licenses because the neighbours whinge.

Nope. It's a club night thing. Half a dozen venues I've been to this last year are doing it. They need to make more money as ticket sales are down.
sean

I wasn't saying that the club night thing doesn't happen, just that the other one does too. Nick

Oh probably. Have licences changed much? 10 is very early. sean

TBF 10 is unlikely but a lot of venues are having problems with new neighbours in places that didn't used to be residential. As the system stands there's an assumption that complaints about noise are justified.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home