Quick Chicken Liver and Orange Pate
- 1 lb of fresh chicken livers
- 5oz of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ tbsp of Cointreau
- 2 small cloves of garlic, chopped
- The rind of 1 ½ oranges finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and then add the garlic and chicken livers. Fry gently until the livers are just set and cooked through. Be very careful not to over cook them.
- Add some salt and pepper and the Cointreau. Place the mixture into a liquidiser along with the rest of the butter and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the finely grated orange zest and then divide the pate between several ramekins before leaving them to cool.
- At this point you can either refrigerate the pate before serving or cover with clingfilm and freeze until needed.
Serve this rich and tasty pate with either some crusty French bread or hot melba toast. It will freeze very well for up to about three months.