Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Mrs R

Rosewood on Tour - wool things to attend

2012 is Rosewood's Year of the Wool, and yours truly, the WoolBaby (the perfect customer bait Cool ) and possibly Rob will be hitting the road and pimping all our new woolly stuff and sheepskins etc. Where should we go?

Woolfest - check!
Wonderwool - check!

Did anybody go to the british wool weekend? i didn't make it - was it any good from a trader's POV do you think? is it even a regular thing or was it a one off?

Do you know any more?

I'm also thinking the christmas victorian/dickensian type markets would be a good idea.
cassy

It might be worth contacting your local groups of the Guild Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. Our has a 'gathering' in November where people sell fibre and related items and I suppose other groups have similar.
Mrs R

Good idea thanks! *notes that down*
Rosemary Judy

There was a wool/fibre festival in Bedfordshire that I meant to go to, but forgot.
it looked really good.

here is the linky...

http://www.fibre-east.co.uk/
ros

There was a wool/fibre festival in Bedfordshire that I meant to go to, but forgot.
it looked really good.

here is the linky...

http://www.fibre-east.co.uk/

14/15 July next year - stick it in your calendar RJ , we'll have to arrange something Very Happy
Rosemary Judy

We will.......

Specially if we can go and play with Mrs R's littleun Very Happy

(I did stick it on my calender last year, but I forgot to look at it and therefore forgot to go Embarassed )
Mrs R

great! *also notes that down*
Bodger

Look into getting cow hides done too. We're buying this at the beginning of November when its been finished.

It used to belong to an English Longhorn. Very Happy
Mrs R

Already do Wink
Bodger

Come on then, what yer got? Very Happy
Mrs R

currently - a small black dexter, large hairy belted galloway X with some nice white splodges and a monkeyload of jersey skins with a variety of colours and patterns. They look absolutely lovely, very exotic. We're focussing our dexter breeding on reds and duns as those are more popular for rugs, but the black ones we're considering doing more as leather. We've had some enquiries about that.
dpack

doncaster farmers market( pre yule) might be a good day out for rugs and such
chicken feed

NSA eastern region winter fair 2012 melton mowbray 27th jan
toggle

fiberfest
Mustang

what about Jimmy's farm? he does occasional craft weekends where loads of people show up. may even get on tv Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home