Rosie's Mincemeat Cake
- 4oz/100g margarine
- 4oz/100g soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 12oz/325g mincemeat
- 7oz/190g SR flour
- A little milk if needed
- Grease a 7"/18cm round cake tin and line with greased greaseproof paper
- Cream marg and sugar and mix in beaten eggs (with a little flour to stop it curdling)
- Stir in mincemeat and fold in flour. Mixture should be moist so if necessary add a little milk.
- Bake in a moderate oven Gas 3, 325°F, 160°C for 10mins then reduce to Gas 2, 300F, 150°C for about 1.5hrs.
Apparently this keeps well. Do let her know if you find out this is true.