Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Rob R

Rural Economy Grant

Rural Economy Grant to launch in February 2012

Quote:
From the end of February 2012, the Rural Economy Grant Scheme, worth up to 60 million in total, will be launched. The scheme will deliver grants of up to 1 million, aimed at micro and SME businesses to boost farm competiveness and support significant growth in particular for agri-food, rural tourism, forestry, renewable energy and high growth sectors.
Lorrainelovesplants

Good, but is there a catch? ie do you have to be a farm over X amount of acres, or have less than X employees or what?

Nice link, but little information. Would like more.
Rob R

They haven't announced it yet - it's coming up in February.
Lorrainelovesplants

I will watch with interest......
Rob R

Hopefully it will plug the gap where the FFIS falls short (ie no minimum level of grant).
Lorrainelovesplants

any news on this yet?
Rob R

Re: beef

Details to be released by the end of Feb is the latest I know.
Mistress Rose

Hope it is better than the Leader system. That is so complicated that several people I know who thought of it lost the will to live. We were told we could only get a grant for some machinery if we shared it with other firewood merchants in the area. Not really on with a piece of equipment that can be damaged, stolen or otherwise mistreated.
Rob R

I think it will be another match-funding scheme.
Rob R

OK, details have been released, unfortunately it did the direct opposite of what I wanted it to and there is a minimum grant of 25,000.

http://rdpenetwork.defra.gov.uk/funding-sources/rural-economy-grant
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home