Simple chicken casserole
- Suitable quantity of chicken - I used a generous leg; choose breast if you prefer
- 1 large carrot, cut into discs
- 1 large parsnip, cut into discs
- 1 leek, cut into discs
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- Couple of bay leaves
- Freshly chopped parsley & coriander
- Freshly ground S&P
- 500mls chicken stock
- Butter inside of the casserole dish, and arrange chicken meat
- Sprinkle over the carrot and parsnip, the bay leaves, the leek and the onion
- Season with S&P and add the chopped herbs
- Add the chicken stock - enough to fill the dish roughly to 2/3rds.
- Cover, and place in the oven at about 160C for two hours.
I used a generously sized chicken leg - just about enough to feed two or do two meals for one. Use more chicken and increase the other ingredient quantities if you're super hungry / feeding more than two.
Be sure your chicken is free range organic, or at least RSPCA monitored!