- 4 cups shredded Hen of the Woods -
- (1 1/2 by 1/4 inch strips)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Cilantro
- 2 scallions or green onions chopped
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (or hot red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon ground roasted rice (dry fry uncooked rice - Basmati or Jasmine work well.
- In a pan on medium heat until slightly browned then grind in a coffee or spice grinder)
- 3/4 tablespoon oriental fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the lime juice sugar and fish sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil on medium heat until the liquid released from the mushrooms during cooking is gone and the pan is dry. Add the lime juice mixture and stir it in.
- When absorbed add the ground rice, chili powder, salt and scallions and mix.
- Toss with the remaining greens and serve.