Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Sifted icing sugar
- 1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is well mixed. Add eggs; beat well. Beat in sour cream and vanilla just until combined.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat into creamed mixture until combined. Pour half of the batter into prepared tube pan.
- 4. Stir together pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture on top of batter in pan. Carefully spread remaining batter on top of nut mixture. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture; press lightly into batter.
- 5. Bake in a 180C/350F/gas4 oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6. Remove cake from oven; cool for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or cool. Makes 12 to 16 servings.