Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
gil

strawbale maintenance workshops upcoming

Received this morning:

Subject: Gatehouse ecohome - maintenance week>
Hi,You're getting this message because you are subscribed to the Gatehouse Eco-Project mailing list on www.envisioneer.net
To unsubscribe: email nfo@envisioneer.net with the word unsubscribe as the subject.

MAINTENANCE WEEK - 11th to 15th August 2008
We have several small repairs and regular maintenance jobs to overhaul the house for the coming winter, also the completion of the workshop space behind the house preparatory to holding new courses here at the Gatehouse.This is an informal opportunity to come along for a day, or two, or even all week and join in as we work.
You can learn the basics for preparation and application of:> >
Hot Lime Rendering>
Hot Lime Wash>
Roundwood pole and tensegrity framing>
Timber selection and preparation>
Simple and gale-resistant methods for polytunnel plastic>
Self-watering greenhouse design concepts>
Living roof maintenance

Discover at first hand how a strawbale structure stands the climate in the West of Scotland, how the building feels to be in, why and how such homes are both feasible and desirable.Costs are 3 a day unwaged, 5 a day waged (to cover food). Camping is free (sorry no dogs) and all the facilities are available to you: Compost toilet, shower, cooking, washing, silence, fresh air and scenery!

If you wish to take part, please contact me on 0773 800 9150 or steve@envisioneer.net for directions.

Anyone interested, get in touch with him.
Lovely site; I went last year, though weather was bad, so not that much got done.
Went

Hi Gil

Can you put a space between net and To otherwise you are directed to netto!!! Laughing
Chez

Fantastic site, Gil. I think I'm too fat for the workshop, though Sad.
gil

Ian33568 wrote:
Hi Gil

Can you put a space between net and To otherwise you are directed to netto!!! Laughing

done Laughing
cassy

That sounds really interesting! Pity I can't make those dates. Would love to try out the compost loo Embarassed (I need to get a life!Very Happy ).
And lend a hand too, of course.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home