Sweet and Sour ribs
- 125 ml sweet chili sauce
- 60 ml cranberry sauce (from a jar)
- 60 ml dark sweet soy sauce
- zest and juice of 4 mandarins
- 15 to 20 pork spare ribs
- Place all the ingredients into a large freezer bag and mix well.
- Seal the bag and place it on a dish so that it can lie flat. Alternatively, put in oven proof dish directly and cling film.
- Marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Remove the ribs from the fridge and transfer them from the freezer bag to a roasting tin and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Or just remove film, cover with foil and transfer the dish to the oven.
- Cook the ribs in the oven for 1 hour, turning them over after 30 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and remove the foil from the roasting tin.
- Cook for a further 15 to 30 minutes, or until the ribs are sticky and cooked through.
- To serve, place the ribs onto a large serving plate.