Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar (rice, wine or cider - not malt )
- 1 tbsp tom puree (buy the tubes - keep better in the fridge)
- 3 tbsp orange juice (normal stuff fine - squeeze your own if you are fancy!)
- 2 tbsp sherry (marsala, or cheap white wine, fino, or stock
- 3 tbsp stock/water)
- Mix up the above in a jug, pour over the cooked stuff, cook for 5 or so mins and then serve on noodles or rice.
Cook what you want with the sauce (pork, chicken, tofu, lots of veg, we like white fish, pulses would also work but you would need to use the big beans such as butter beans rather than lentils).