A.

ooo, hurrahhh Smile

EV
sgt.colon

Well spotted Mr BA.
gythagirl

Yes! Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

I could hardly miss it - it's splashed all over the current Radio Times Very Happy
A.
sgt.colon

So have people picked who they would like to win?
cir3ngirl

Paul Hollywood to win Strictly
earthmamma

So have people picked who they would like to win?

Well Paul did say that the one who wins the bread week, i.e. last weeks task, goes on to be the winner, so.....
Green Rosie

Oooh - when does Strictly start? All that glitter and make-up etc is so far away from my life - it's my guilty pleasure Laughing
cir3ngirl

Oooh - when does Strictly start? All that glitter and make-up etc is so far away from my life - it's my guilty pleasure Laughing

Line up has not been announced yet but last Friday live on radio 2 he refused to say he was not taking part Laughing
Green Rosie

Line up has not been announced yet but last Friday live on radio 2 he refused to say he was not taking part Laughing

SO I have a bit longer to wait then Rolling Eyes
Nell Merionwen

ooooh, Boglin and I like to watch strictly together. We missed most of the last one but I must admit I'm looking forward to it. although I do think it is more to have the opportunity to have a time with the wee one without her thinking I am just around to embarrass her. Green Rosie

Very true, Nell. The boys both love it so it's a bit of a Sat evening snuggle down and then they drive OH demented playing Strictly for themselves and talking about it all week. He is NOT a Strictly fan Rolling Eyes Laughing sgt.colon

Strictly, pah!

I want James to win.
earthmamma

Strictly, pah!

I want James to win.
Me too, he looks to geeky to be a cook, more of a scientist Laughing
ninat

mmm Paul Hollywood love10 earthmamma

I saw him first, he's mine. Mad ninat

Smile joanne

Pah to both of you - I've seen him up close and personal when I went for the heats for Bake Off last year - he's as pretty in the flesh but very scary although Mary Berry is the really scary one! Nick

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2194131/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2012-line-Kimberley-Walsh-joins.html
earthyvirgo

... bringing this back to The Bake Off, I was rather pleased Brendan (with the Orange shirt) won Baker of the Week. Yes, his Torte was probably very 70's but it was rather wonderful Smile

I had no idea till this week's programme that a torte was made with any flour other than wheatflour.

My money is on James, the Scottish guy in the lovely jumpers.
Although the intensive care nurse is coming up with some rather nice creations.

Next to go?
Ryan or Manisha

EV
gai

My money is also on James and I think Mary has a little crush on him. wishus

I also like the jumper guy!

I think the blonde lady who made the torte with potato could also be a contender.
sgt.colon

I think the blonde lady who made the torte with potato could also be a contender.

She's my second choice to win, if James goes.
sgt.colon

Ok so it's the final tonight. Who are people wanting to win? Thankfully James is still in there.

Come on James!
earthyvirgo

James.
I can't wait to see what he produces for the finale - something large and Scottish is my guess Smile

... don't have a TV, so will be watching on iPlayer tomorrow

EV
robkb

James.
I can't wait to see what he produces for the finale - something large and Scottish is my guess Smile

A puff pastry Billy Connolly?? Shocked

C'mon James!
AnnaD

Yup, I want James to win too. But in reality I think Brendan will probably win. joanne

Yup, I want James to win too. But in reality I think Brendan will probably win.

I hope not, there is just something about him, a smugness, that I really really don't like - James or John for me, although I don't think John is quite strong enough unless he pulls something special off
AnnaD

I totally agree on the smugness part. I just don't want him to win.
Last week my three year old daughter cried because of who they voted out. I don't think she'll cry this time since she doesn't seem bothered about the male contestants.
sgt.colon

I don't like Brendan either. He sure doesn't like it when they don't like his baking. He always looks disgusted. Gingerbread house being an example I can think of.

Quote:
she doesn't seem bothered about the male contestants.

Surely that's an ism? Laughing
Bebo

I wouldn't kick Paul Hollywood out of bed for farting. robkb

I wouldn't kick Paul Hollywood out of bed for farting.

Doesn't that rather depend on where he was sitting at the time? Wink
sgt.colon

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bebo

Nope, I reckon I could put up with quite a lot before I got fed up with him.
robkb

Fair do's. I feel the same about Kylie, but I don't think her cakes are up to much.
Bebo

But you quite like her buns? robkb

Oh yes, fnar fnar Laughing Bebo

Can you see them filming Dr Who from where you are? They're all outside on St Thomas Street. Pilsbury

Yeah but how only before you got fed up of him mentioning your soggy bottoms......

In your pork pies of course.
robkb

Can you see them filming Dr Who from where you are? They're all outside on St Thomas Street.

Is that what they're doing? I saw the film crew and sucked my stomach in (well, as much as I can these days...)
earthyvirgo

You'll be excited to hear then Bebo, that he's filming his first solo television show - a programme about bread - which will air next year Smile

EV
Nick

Right, Brendans going to win, starting now. Bebo

Shut up and don't spoil it for me. I'm not home from work yet. Nick

Ok. nats

I've just watched the bloody episode -.... started with episode 1 on Friday - I'm doing a good catch up job! I like James. I don't care who wins, he will win the hearts of the nation! earthyvirgo

Well, well Shocked

Just in case Bebo hasn't seen it yet.

EV
Bebo

That was fab. robkb

Youngest daughter well chuffed as she fancied John (and I fancied that chocolate cake Wink ) sgt.colon

I'm just glad it wasn't Brendan. A little sad that it wasn't James though. Midland Spinner

I'm just glad it wasn't Brendan. A little sad that it wasn't James though.

Exactly what I thought (although I think James was a bit too experimental sometimes) I couldn't have borne it if Brendan had won - think how smug he'd have been!

poor John - his mum didn't seem very supportive!
Bebo

I'm just glad it wasn't Brendan

Ditto
earthyvirgo

Ditto

Double ditto, I could have walloped him when he said he thought he'd probably got 10/10 for his pithivier!

EV
robkb

Ditto

Double ditto, I could have walloped him when he said he thought he'd probably got 10/10 for his pithivier!

EV

He was just taking the pithivier Wink

(don't bother telling me, I've already got my coat...)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home