Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
sean

Tour of Britain 2012

Two stage wins in a row for Cavendish. They're going past my house on Saturday morning. Very Happy Anyone else following it/going to see any of it?
Nicky Colour it green

Re: Tour of Britain 2012

Two stage wins in a row for Cavendish. They're going past my house on Saturday morning. Very Happy Anyone else following it/going to see any of it?

yup they come through my village same day - we shall turn out to see them wizz past Smile
SandraR

Through Kingsbridge too Very Happy
Penny Outskirts

Not coming near enough to me Sad but I've been following it.
gz

We're going to Caerffili Mountain this morning to be ready for 12.....they go over it twice, so better than just seeing the finish Cool
sean

Meh. Wiggins is out. My lovingly crafted fun fur sideburns are wasted.
joanne

They came through Caton the other day and then went up the road at the end of the street where I work, there was nutty spectators standing around in the pouring rain over an hour before they got there!
gz

we were there at 11.30...lunch at the Mountain Cafe---still a glorified hot dog van, but very good indeed- opened four days after the tour went past last year, but the original had been there since 1957 Very Happy
The race went through half an hour late at about 3pm...a lot of headwind and hills to blame Laughing

Cav was in the 'autubus'....ie the group of riders bringing up the rear together in order to finish!!

I reckon the best show was from Magnus Backsted..our Welsh Swede had been riding well, but lost contact with the main bunch when they hit Caerffili Mountain...but at a solid 6'5" he was riding well and far better than those nearly half his age and a lot lighter Laughing Cool half the field was still behind him!!
sean

That's that then. Done and dusted.
Nicky Colour it green

been through here too - conveniently arranged to go past my local after lunch - there was a party atmosphere - the ukulele band turned out, the sun shone, lots of friends. nice

oh yeh and there was some cyclists that shot by too Smile
LynneA

we were there at 11.30...lunch at the Mountain Cafe---still a glorified hot dog van, but very good indeed- opened four days after the tour went past last year, but the original had been there since 1957 Very Happy
The race went through half an hour late at about 3pm...a lot of headwind and hills to blame Laughing

Cav was in the 'autubus'....ie the group of riders bringing up the rear together in order to finish!!

I reckon the best show was from Magnus Backsted..our Welsh Swede had been riding well, but lost contact with the main bunch when they hit Caerffili Mountain...but at a solid 6'5" he was riding well and far better than those nearly half his age and a lot lighter Laughing Cool half the field was still behind him!!

I think the best show was from a certain bunch of spectators - a white monkey suit, adult sized polka dot babygro, pink and white tutu party dress (nicked from Grayson Perry perhaps?) and the pants/cape/wrestling mask combo. The British as a whole excel at not entirely convincing drag, but nothing surpasses the Welsh sports fan for really silly costumes.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home