Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption
 


       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Jonnyboy

Traders - what about Christmas ideas?

Now would seem to be a great time for all you small traders to make people on here aware of the products you have, which would be perfect as Christmas presents.

Links/pictures/prices might be useful, I for one am crap at finding good pressies so you have an opportunity!!!!
Rob R

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my Christmas products e-mail- send me your e-mail address or register on www.rosewoodfarms.co.uk if you want to be added to the mailing list.
Penny Outskirts

Great idea JB!

If anyone would like to give a t-shirt to their nearest and dearest (or even the MIL, we have Grumpy Old Git's Wife!) our new website is now open for business Very Happy

We now have a live shop assistant facility (top right of home page), which is me Shocked so if anyone fancies a chat while they're browsing, come on in Very Happy

www.squatorange.com
Gervase

Difficult to see how to do Christmas specials in restoration building. I could do a discount on manger and stable conversions, I suppose Wink
Mary-Jane

Gervase wrote:
Difficult to see how to do Christmas specials in restoration building. I could do a discount on manger and stable conversions, I suppose Wink

Laughing
2steps

anything I have in my shop could make nice xmas present really. well, mostly for women (god, I'm really rubbish at this kind of thing Embarassed)
I have lots of gemstome jewellery and can always tell yopu about a stones properties from a healing point of view, if it's not in the listing already. I have some austrian crystal earrings and some hello kitty silver necklaces and earrings and some little vial pendants like this



that one is filled with stones corresponding to the bodies main chakras but I can fill them will virtually anything - gemstones, spells, herbs... Wink
Mary-Jane

Gervase wrote:
Difficult to see how to do Christmas specials in restoration building. I could do a discount on manger and stable conversions, I suppose Wink


On that basis it'd be a bit difficult to market a 'Yuletide Divorce & Settlement Special' too I guess... Rolling Eyes
Northern_Lad

Mary-Jane wrote:
Gervase wrote:
Difficult to see how to do Christmas specials in restoration building. I could do a discount on manger and stable conversions, I suppose Wink


On that basis it'd be a bit difficult to market a 'Yuletide Divorce & Settlement Special' too I guess... Rolling Eyes


Buy one, get second half price? No? Oh well, just a thought.
sean

It's the time of year for it.
Mary-Jane

Well, yes...I suppose so Laughing
hedgewitch

Mary-Jane wrote:
Gervase wrote:
Difficult to see how to do Christmas specials in restoration building. I could do a discount on manger and stable conversions, I suppose Wink


On that basis it'd be a bit difficult to market a 'Yuletide Divorce & Settlement Special' too I guess... Rolling Eyes


What about a family mediation service? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Rob R

Rob R wrote:
I'm just putting the finishing touches to my Christmas products e-mail- send me your e-mail address or register on www.rosewoodfarms.co.uk if you want to be added to the mailing list.


I sent it out last night, so if you didn't get it, and want to, let me know (gremlins have been messing with the mailing list).
Blacksmith

If I didn't have to work at my full time employ this crimble..... Twisted Evil
Pokers, toasting forks and table center/candle holders.
wellington womble

Could do with some candle holders - what've you got in mind, Blacksmith? Can't think where I might get nice candles from, though......... Wink
hedgewitch

wellington womble wrote:
Could do with some candle holders - what've you got in mind, Blacksmith? Can't think where I might get nice candles from, though......... Wink


Thought you'd be after book cases Wink Laughing
Fee

Oh, I hate this kind of thing too, 2Steps.

I've got earrings and earring kits in my tiarakits shop, and tiara kits if you have any friends or family getting married!

Must get the other jewellery up in the shop...
Stacey

I'm just putting the finishing touches to some felted soap kits. These are ideal either to make the felted soap to give as a christmas present or give the kit itself. Suitable for most ages (probably not under 4's but 4 yrs and up could probably do it with adult supervision) They'll retail at 5 + P&P but I'll give 10% off to downsizers Smile

Not on the site yet but preview of how they look so far on the blog
wellington womble

hedgewitch wrote:
wellington womble wrote:
Could do with some candle holders - what've you got in mind, Blacksmith? Can't think where I might get nice candles from, though......... Wink


Thought you'd be after book cases Wink Laughing


No room for any more...... Laughing

I have been very good recently, and haven't bought any (I have to resist the pre-Christmas releases, as a number of people will buy them for me for Christmas. It makes their lives easier, but its soooo hard! And I had to take down all my books and send them to storage, for the house viewings, and there is no point moving them all back, and then out to the new house, so they are still there. The new house, however, has a library. Although its not dreadfully cosy at the moment, hacing no doors and windows yet......)
Penny Outskirts

Well that's my neice sorted for Christmas - she's 9, but very good at making things, she'd be old enough don't you think?
Stacey

Penny wrote:
Well that's my neice sorted for Christmas - she's 9, but very good at making things, she'd be old enough don't you think?


Do you mean me Penny? If so, a 9 yr old would definitley enjoy making felted soap - particularly one who's already good at making things. I'll have more details on the site tomorrow re payment etc .

What's the best way of organising the downsizer discount do you think? Confused I use paypal normally.
Penny Outskirts

Stacey wrote:
Penny wrote:
Well that's my neice sorted for Christmas - she's 9, but very good at making things, she'd be old enough don't you think?


Do you mean me Penny? If so, a 9 yr old would definitley enjoy making felted soap - particularly one who's already good at making things. I'll have more details on the site tomorrow re payment etc .

What's the best way of organising the downsizer discount do you think? Confused I use paypal normally.


Yes I did - sorry Embarassed was so excited to find something so perfect for her Very Happy

One way you can do it, is send them a payment request for the amount you want. Northern Lad used it for the candles I bought from him, and it works really well.

Will there be different shades/colours to choose from, as I may want two kits... Very Happy
gil

Makes me wish the winery were already up and running. Laughing

However, by next year's festive season, I will be offering a selection of nicely mature wines made from Dumfries and Galloway fruit, leaves and sap, including :

Nettle (home -produced, not yet registered organic, but no artificial fertilisers / pesticides etc used for more than 4 years)
Nettle (sparkling) - maybe - would folk be interested, or would you want to try the ordinary version first ?
Rhubarb (from SA-registered organic estate)
Rowan (wild-harvested and home-grown)
Damson (home-grown)
Sloe (home-grown and wild-harvested)
Bog Myrtle (wild-harvested from quasi-National Park)
Crab apple (from SA-registered organic estate)
Whitebeam (from SA-registered organic estate)
Birch sap (from SA-registered organic estate and home-grown)
AND (forgot)
Quince (from SA-registered organic estate)
Blackberry (wild-harvested)
Bernie66

Impressive list gil
Stacey

Penny wrote:
Will there be different shades/colours to choose from, as I may want two kits... Very Happy


Yes, there will be different shades of wool and a selection of fragrances on the soap Smile
Cathryn

Anything for 20 year old yuffs? I was thinking stocking filler size as he is still a big kid and feels left out. It is quite easy to pack his sisters stockings with stuff.

Yes Gils stuff next year Rolling Eyes
gil

thanks Ruby Very Happy

Has the "yuff" got a decent penknife ? Thinking about Naomi's comments re JPBearclaw's whittling knives, available from his site. Stocking filler-sized. but a serious present if he's into that kind of thing.
sean

Penny wrote:

One way you can do it, is send them a payment request for the amount you want. Northern Lad used it for the candles I bought from him, and it works really well.


Apart from you not paying him for weeks.... Wink Twisted Evil
alisjs

Stacey....'scuse my ignorange, but what is felted soap? Looked at your blog but I'm none the wiser!
Cathryn

Well he did have - it was a present I gave him one year - and he was delighted with it. He was always a kid that liked little gadgets that did lots of things. (Now I know where is interest in microbiology comes from Idea )
alisjs

I know about felted soap now....just looked on your website Stacey! Cool!
Penny Outskirts

sean wrote:
Penny wrote:

One way you can do it, is send them a payment request for the amount you want. Northern Lad used it for the candles I bought from him, and it works really well.


Apart from you not paying him for weeks.... Wink Twisted Evil


Weeks... huh!!! Bloody man wouldn't tell me how much he wanted for them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink
Bernie66

Send him a t-shirt or two instead, you have some on your site which sum him up perfectly. I won't say which ones ,what with this being a family site and all that. Smile
Penny Outskirts

Bernie66 wrote:
Send him a t-shirt or two instead, you have some on your site which sum him up perfectly. I won't say which ones ,what with this being a family site and all that. Smile


I must send him a link for that one Very Happy
Sarah D

Can handknit for Christmas - quick professional service if anyone wants anything done, under my label "Trecot". Happy to barter.
Jumpers, hats, scarves, tea cosies, hot water bottle covers, gloves of all descriptions, anything really.
hedgewitch

wellington womble wrote:
The new house, however, has a library. Although its not dreadfully cosy at the moment, hacing no doors and windows yet......)


Lovely idea, having a library Very Happy I would expect no less from you Cool
Is it big enough for all your books, though? Shocked
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home