Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
sally_in_wales

Trying out a design

Been fiddling with a possible alternative to the current fairly plain business card insert we use when packing the plague rats. The image here is modelled on a sixteenth century woodcut of a ratcatcher, modified to make him a 'plague-rat' catcher instead Wink
Anyway, this is very much a low resolution draft and therefore a bit blurry, but given that it probaly appears on the screen more or less the size the final card might be, does this work as being a bit more interesting, or is it too confusing as to what on earth its about?

Penny Outskirts

It looks ace, but can you try it so all the background is white? The rat catcher graphic may look better like that?
sally_in_wales

Like this? Wasn't sure if that made it too stark?

Nell Merionwen

I prefer the buff colour Wink
Penny Outskirts

Yes I think you're right Nell Smile Perhaps a frame round the picture?
sally_in_wales

vegplot

Made in Great Britain Wink
Barefoot Andrew

Agreed. Also try to inject a little space between the piccie and the "delight your cat" text.

Otherwise, looks fab!
A.
RichardW

Can you do the graphics directly on the buff back ground?
sally_in_wales

Can you do the graphics directly on the buff back ground?

will need to play with the scan of the line drawing, but probably, will try that in a bit
gil

Agreed. Also try to inject a little space between the piccie and the "delight your cat" text.

Otherwise, looks fab!
A.

Nice !
You could put 'delight your cat 'on the next line down, and 'not suitable for kittens' on the line below that. Which would clear space round the pic
Went

I think the cat and the rats need to be a bit more prominent - that's what you are selling. Currently the gentleman is the main focus of the picture and it really should be the lust of the cat for the rats....both of which are so small - just a thought. Mustang

Something like this?

sally_in_wales

thats an idea, we'll play with the cat - I'm probably going to get my brother to have a go at the cat anyway, he did the other cartoons on the site so it would be good if they matched Very Happy

Thanks everyone, this is really helping Cool
foggy

What are you using to make the image?

There should be an 'overlay' effect so the line drawing would be straight over the buff effect with no white bits etc...
sally_in_wales

What are you using to make the image?

There should be an 'overlay' effect so the line drawing would be straight over the buff effect with no white bits etc...

Its more a need to rescan it, the scanner I currently have isnt doing 'line' settings and is treating it as a photo and therefore I'm getting a lot of essentially invisible greyscale stuff that means it won't go cleanly transparent. Not too hard to resolve, just need to work out how to reset my scanner or borrow someone elses
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home