Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
gz

Upgrading from Ubuntu Studio 19.04 to 19.10

In process of doing this on my laptop, I missed that I had a Chromium window open and this appears to have stalled it.
I closed the window, but don't know how to get it going again.
I inadvertently closed the terminal advice window, but sent a message to brother...

The window left on the computer says this....

What do I click on to get progress?
tahir

Looks stuck to me, don’t know Ubuntu so no idea what you should do
dpack

not specific advice but in such situations i usually try esc a few times and wait a bit or follow instructions

if that does not work a manual reboot might unstick it and either set it up or make it ready for a overpass second go.

after that the classic TIOAOA would be my next move.
gz

Tried the TIOAOA.....looks like it's back to brother when I see him next.... year.

At least we have the tablet....less weight if nothing else, especially as airlines are reducing baggage allowance.
dpack

umm

can you download a usb stick or disk with the new OS using a different machine and try booting up from that?
Hairyloon

Have you tried
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

in a command shell?
gz

umm

can you download a usb stick or disk with the new OS using a different machine and try booting up from that?

That is what I will have to do....and the laptop will need a cleanup first as well.
I've decided to leave it until we return in February...at least any update bugs should have been ironed out by then Confused
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home