Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 1.5 cups of Plain Flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 5 tablespoons oil (I use sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1.5 cups of cold water
- Blend the dry ingredients really well, then make a dent and pour in the oil, vinegar and vanilla. Slowly add a bit of water and mix it up.
- Then add more water. You might not need the whole 1.5 cups.
- Mix well. This is a very wet mixture, should have the consistency of single, almost double cream.
- Pour into a greased and lined square 18" pan and bake for 30 minutes at 175 c, gasmark 5.
- When done, it may look wet on top, but a knife should come out clean still.
Can put anything you like on top, like melted dark chocolate, or nuts and raisins, also very good with vegan ice cream.
You may need to play around with the time and temp of your oven. Do not be alarmed if the cake still looks wet, it is a very moist cake!