Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry

What are the dark bits inside the back of cooked poultry?

When I eat poultry I aways love the little bits: heart, liver, kidneys, the bits of meat between the smaller bones, and most of all the dark, half-fluid stuff just inside the top of the back. My husband says it's called oedema, which sounds strange to me. It looks more like congealed blood. Does anyone know what I mean, and what is its name?
I bet it's very good for me too!
Thanks! A.
Ty Gwyn

In the cavities in the back they are lungs,always used to scoop them out when dressing a fowl.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home