Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
mochyn

Winter mid-Wales meet up Dec 8-9

Right: 8-9 December is the time! I'm going for a fibre-centered event but with added festivities. Here: if you neeed to know where and how to get here pm me. As usual judith is hosting huge numbers of people, so ask her for floor space. If she's fully booked we'll find you somewhere.
DawnMK

I would love to come but unfortunatly I already have workshops arranged for that week end. Crying or Very sad
Chez

Probably not a go-er for me - Ma usually has her holidays that week.
sally_in_wales

I'm doing a banquet that weekend
pookie

I'm away too....
mochyn

OK let's start looking at alternatives. then. I'll bung a poll on the thread.
Chez

I haven't voted as either of the last two would be okay for me, currently.
wellington womble

We can do any of them. Assuming we can stay somewhere, as I have camped in sub zero temps before, and it was no fun.
bibbster

I can do any of those dates Laughing
gythagirl

Love to, but depends on OH. (The 3rd w/e is a def no.) Will discuss.
faerienono

I would love to be there, but I don't lknow whether I will be driving or not by then, or whether I will be back in hospital.....
mochyn

We'll save you a space, Jo.
gardening-girl

If Gytha girl can come, perhaps we can share transport again.Fingers crossed.
pookie

If Gytha girl can come, perhaps we can share transport again.Fingers crossed.

I hope she's practiced her dung beetle impression Wink
pookie

I would love to be there, but I don't lknow whether I will be driving or not by then, or whether I will be back in hospital.....

if it is just the driving, I'm sure some kind soul coming up from your direction would make room in their car Cool
Ren

I can only go if faerienono and judith and rob and woodburner, (is that your correct name... it was a while ago and *you* Laughing may have been drunk when you told me....), go and be rowdy

and / or

dogwalker sits up drinking and gabbing all night long

and / or

i have new job interview (they tend to coincide with ds events...)

and / or

I am available and I get to stay with the cool kids.

In short...woould love to but, I am unsure at the moment. ....
mochyn

You missed out getting locked out with a dog. Ren

You missed out getting locked out with a dog.

We do NOT talk about that..

Anyway that is lumped in with the interview section.

And of course, you need to wear your pinny Smile
bibbster

if it is just the driving, I'm sure some kind soul coming up from your direction would make room in their car Cool

If I am going, I can do that Laughing
mochyn

Right. Since October 15-21 is National Knitting week, how abot that first date? pookie

sounds good to me Smile Nell Merionwen

Right. Since October 15-21 is National Knitting week, how abot that first date?

I doubt I could make that one. I'm in Wales the weekend before working at Laugharne. Also it is rather close to Ginkotree's fibre weekend. I just couldn't fund a third trip so soon.
mochyn

We had a minor panic on Saturday when judith, pookie & I thought that weekend was Conwy Food Festival.

It isn't, so as you were!
mochyn

right. I'm really fancying the October date (21st). If I don't hear lots of reasons not to go for it I'll book it! Chez

I can't make that one, or the first November one; but I'll come to the next one! Laughing mochyn

I could do with a few more: the October date is getting a bit close, so how about going for the Nov. 16-18th? Judith? Sally? Nell? ANYONE?! sally_in_wales

sorry, I've got Nov 24/5 free and thats it at the moment Nell Merionwen

I could probably do Nov 16-18th. The last weekend of October (conwy food weekend) I will be working in Chepstow. Other than needing to put aside time to kidnap Ren I think Nov is free....Which is over that weekend! mochyn

Right. 24-25 is Ludlow Medieval Christmas.

Shall we put it all off untilthe new year, or is anyone up for a December one?
Nell Merionwen

Right. 24-25 is Ludlow Medieval Christmas.

Shall we put it all off untilthe new year, or is anyone up for a December one?

Could we combine a December one with a Christmas meet?
mochyn

I don't see why not... Ren

I could probably do Nov 16-18th. The last weekend of October (conwy food weekend) I will be working in Chepstow. Other than needing to put aside time to kidnap Ren I think Nov is free....Which is over that weekend!

Hey, just because I am being all serious and doing stuff (coat in [slow] progress), doesn't mean you can plot my demise!!!
pookie

December dates then please Mochyn Smile Nell Merionwen

I could probably do Nov 16-18th. The last weekend of October (conwy food weekend) I will be working in Chepstow. Other than needing to put aside time to kidnap Ren I think Nov is free....Which is over that weekend!

Hey, just because I am being all serious and doing stuff (coat in [slow] progress), doesn't mean you can plot my demise!!!

Yes it does! Cool
Chez

I would like to come, whenever it is, but my diary dates are all to hell in a hand-basket for the foreseeable future and I can't commit to anything that anyone is going to rely on my input for more than a couple of weeks in advance. ie, I am completely unreliable and don't plan anything around me. gardening-girl

We have broken the bank,by booking a few days away for the Ludlow
thing .So count me out.
bibbster

at the moment, I can do any of these weekends, I have nothing else planned Embarassed Cathryn

at the moment, I can do any of these weekends, I have nothing else planned Embarassed

Me neither, great isn't it. Smile

I'd like to try and get to this, this time. (Too much rain and flooding last time.)
pookie

December dates then please Mochyn Smile

Come on old girl, add this to your 'to do list' Wink
mochyn

Oops. RightI have no bookings in december! So the weekends are:

30/1/2; 7/8/9; 14/15/16 and 21/22/23!

I'm happy to do whatever people want whenever.
pookie

ok, we need Judith to confirm her ok too for sleeping purposes, I'll go poke her Smile

shall we have a new poll?

and are all those dates free at the village hall?
judith

ok, we need Judith to confirm her ok too for sleeping purposes, I'll go poke her Smile

Oi. That hurt!

If I have a preference it is probably for earlier in December rather than later, but otherwise we are happy to go with the flow.
Will people be wanting dancing space again this year? Very Happy
pookie

Oi. That hurt!

Razz
Chez

Oi. That hurt!

If I have a preference it is probably for earlier in December rather than later, but otherwise we are happy to go with the flow.
Will people be wanting dancing space again this year? Very Happy

I can do any weekend except the 15th.

(Dancing might be nice!)
Cathryn

Can you put us down for it? Especially the dancing. Smile faerienono

Yes please, yes please!!!!!!!!
Doing the happy dance!!!!!
Nell Merionwen

Sounds good Smile bibbster

Me too .... hoping to dance with Leo again! Laughing
Any weekend fine here.
mochyn

I'm going out for the day shortly. When I get back (or tomorrow) I'll change the poll. I've e-mailed the hall secretary to find out which dates are available. faerienono

Things are getting busier with Christmas carol services, workshops and I'm sure there are a lot of christmas fairs around. Maybe it would be better after Christmas, to give us something to look forward to in the New Year?
Weather permitting of course!
xx
mochyn

The first two weekends are fre at the hall.

I can't see how to change the poll, but the weekends in question are

Nov 31/ Dec 1 & 2

and

Dec 8/9.

Let me know asap, please!

Jo: you're right! Brain strain here! Laughing

Should we open this out and make it a general mid-winter social weekend?
Nell Merionwen

I can do either but the second sounds better. pookie

can do 2nd one Smile faerienono

Are those dates right? I'm singing in the choir on Sunday 9th December....x bibbster

2nd one would now be better for me, but could do either Wink Chez

Should we open this out and make it a general mid-winter social weekend?

That might be nice.
pookie

Could I book sofabed Judith? Wink Pel

May I ask what goes on? Like what new skills, and can we (Tiny and I) pop up for a day visit, rather than the whole weekend? Trying to think of new things to show Tiny.
Also what cost is involved ..I'm sure if i searched i'd find these answers, but already running late.
mochyn

At Fibre Frenzies we all just get together and share skills, mainly relating to fibre/yarn/fabric crafts. So Sally might be doing woad dying in the yard, I could be showing people how to crochet, judith may be oding some quilting...

People come for as long/short a time as they like.

We eat cake.
wellington womble

Lots of cake. Nell Merionwen

Could we beg a bed please? Jamanda

At Fibre Frenzies we all just get together and share skills, mainly relating to fibre/yarn/fabric crafts. So Sally might be doing woad dying in the yard, I could be showing people how to crochet, judith may be oding some quilting...

People come for as long/short a time as they like.

We eat cake.

Oding? Is that a technical quilting term or does she wrote poems to them?
Cathryn

Smile You will just have to come and find out. bibbster

Could we beg a bed please?

Me too?? Embarassed
Remind me to bring some quilting stuff for peeps to sugeest how I move forward with it.. Embarassed Embarassed
Jamanda

Smile You will just have to come and find out.

I'd love to, but too much other stuff going on.
mochyn

It would seem that there are more people able to get to the second of those two. I'll book the hall.

ETA Done it. We'll need to occupy Judith's houe on the Friday, as we did last year. Was it last year? Whenever.
faerienono

I'm singing in the carol service on the sunday I think, so will have to check if we can maybe come just for part of the weekend. I would hate to miss it........xx Cathryn

December 8 - 9? mochyn

December 8 - 9?

Yup.

Can I have a quick head count, please? And do we want it to be more of a winter social with fibrey bits?
Cathryn

Jack and me please. mochyn

Attendees list:

Cathryn & Jack
Bibbster
Nell & BA
Chez, Arvo, N & L
Faerienono
Pel & Cae

Any more?
bibbster

One of me Laughing Chez

Two and two halves here. Nell Merionwen

Two here please. Littlies are with their Dad. pookie

I'm singing in the carol service on the sunday I think, so will have to check if we can maybe come just for part of the weekend. I would hate to miss it........xx Cool Pel

Tiny and I hope to make it for one of the days. Which village is your hall in? Pel

Ahh, Your up there.
Yep we (Tiny and I) should be able to come for the Saturday, Any chance of floor space for the Saturday night somewhere, we'd be off after breakfast though. We have foam mattresses and can bring bedding too.
Or can anyone reccommend a B&B/youth hostel near by (as in, not in bala)?

Better just to have provisions of sleepover stuff in case we enjoy ourselves too much Very Happy
mochyn

Attendees list:

Cathryn & Jack
Bibbster
Nell & BA
Chez, Arvo, N & L
Faerienono
Pel & Cae

Any more?
Chez

Um, you, Aunty Gordon, Judith and Rob, Pookie and Mr Pookie? Perhaps? mochyn

Attenders list:

Cathryn & Jack
Bibbster
Nell & BA
Chez, Arvo, N & L
Faerienono
Pel & Cae
Mochyn & Gordon
Pookie & Sean
Judith & Robert
Chez

Thank you Embarassed

(I thought perhaps you would all be leaving the county as we arrived)
sally_in_wales

December 8 - 9?

Yup.

Can I have a quick head count, please? And do we want it to be more of a winter social with fibrey bits?

I'm a maybe, I might just be able to wangle that weekend but won't know til a bit later
Dogwalker

I'd like to come for part of Saturday please. Smile Cathryn

Secret Santa? Homemade, homegrown, maybe Christmas decorations so that the children are easily included?

A step too far? I don't want to cause anyone extra stress.
Chez

*puts pants on head* mochyn

Right: I've changed the title to try to involve a few more people. We can still do lots of fibrey stuff though.

And I like your ideas, Cathryn.
Snowball

Jema and I please. mochyn

Jema and I please.

Wonderful!
mochyn

Attenders list:

Cathryn & Jack
Bibbster
Nell & BA
Chez, Arvo, N & L
Faerienono
Pel & Cae
Mochyn & Gordon
Pookie & Sean
Judith & Robert
Jema & Snpwball
Dogwalker
Chez

I like Cathryn's ideas, too. Cathryn

Hmmm. Smile

Quail's eggs?
Chez

Wouldn't that be boring? Cathryn

Only for you.

You could always pickle them. Wink

I am not sure how many hens I have and yet I am only getting one egg for the last two months. Rolling Eyes (Apparently I have about sixteen.)
joanne

We would have loved to have come but we've got stuff on already that weekend, that said I shall have a word with the Gothboy and see if we could make it down there for some time on Saturday Smile mochyn

I've ordered fibre. Jamanda

I've ordered fibre.

All-bran?
mochyn

Sean: are you using Mandy's account again? Jamanda

No he's at work. And I'm procrastinating. Back to the the grindstone. Barefoot Andrew

I've ordered fibre.

All-bran?

No, her country broadband is about to go rocket-fuelled.
A.
Chez

I think we might sleep in the camper.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Home Home Home Home Home