Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
cab

Yesterday lunchtime, great forage.

Took a colleague out for a wander, always worth doing when the weather is great.

Picked a couple of Agrocybe cylindracea, a couple of kilos of chicken of the woods (Laetiporius sulphurius), and a bagload of greens (charlock, chickweed, three cornered garlic, cow parsley, ground elder, beech, hawthorn, lime, and various others).

Got to point out some nasties too; hemlock, giant hogweed and bittersweet nightshade (absurdly early) stood out. Always good to point out some killers (and some irritants) when people are watching what you can eat.

Evening before, took a stroll to a local playing field in the evening and came back with around a pound of St. Georges shrooms.

Still no fairy ring mushrooms, at least not that I've found, but there is such good foraging to be had at the moment.
2steps

sounds great Very Happy

haven't found much here but we don't like mushrooms or many of the green plants. dadelions are evreywhere and my eldertree has tiny flower buds Very Happy
sally_in_wales

I'm still on the hunt for a chicken of the woods, They seem to all emigrate to where Cab lives I think, as I've never ever even seen one Sad
joanne

sally_in_wales wrote:
I'm still on the hunt for a chicken of the woods, They seem to all emigrate to where Cab lives I think, as I've never ever even seen one Sad

Same here - never seen one yet
cab

sally_in_wales wrote:

LOTS of it here, it really likes old dead willows and poplars (trees you get in fens!).
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home