Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
construction etiquette, which side is my side?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 24 11:41 am    Post subject: construction etiquette, which side is my side? Reply with quote

this job seems ok but......

re fences, i am happy to have the post side, and they get the "pretty" side with both party walls, better for secure attachment of spiky plants

the end wall to the alley will be pretty out

i spose one should ask,
mr one side is doing the job(the owner is a long term neighbour friend) and ms other side is a long term neighbour friend

the party walls are "my pink half of the drainpipe" in legal terms

this time it is easy, last one was not so easy, plenty of original plans deeds etc, but i gave them what they wanted and made a 20m x 150mm land grab for practical reasons(1m drop) to accommodate them

party walls and fences etc can be troublesome and need diplomacy as well as a good argument(in the legal and structural sense)

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 24 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Party walls are a bloody nightmare

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 24 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understatement, i remember a few with steel involved, balancing my pink half of the drainpipe and a decent pad is challenging

ha ha, one side more than happy with the cute side of the fence
and roses even spiky ones

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 24 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even fences between gardens can be problematical. The management company from next door sent us a letter telling us that we were responsible for the fence their side. The leader of their management committee had already told them they were responsible and came round to tell us to ignore the letter. I hope the person that sent it got a good ear bashing, because it was addressed to our company (the house is our own private house but the registered office of our company only), and asked us to look at our deeds. I didn't ignore the letter, but sent them a very polite letter back stating their sins and signed with all the initials after my name. Made me feel better anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive