Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
dear wildlife

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 20 1:54 pm    Post subject: dear wildlife Reply with quote

i know i was taking snaps of flowers and looking for invertebrates but for a largish "mystery"avian ( i am thinging of you sifu fat ankles) to s### on my head as i stepped in through the door was an unusual response to not being the centre of attention.
diva, pah models eh?

some consider it a blessing and my hair is now shiny but i am impressed with your targeting

i did not see you, you may have been on the guttering, you may have been in the air.
i was moving as i stepped over the threshold, you got a perfect splash direct to the crown of my head.

awesome bombing, did you have a SF sparrow in the bushes with a laser? wingman with a targeting pod? reaper quality targeting?

if that was one up , dumb bomb and boresight mode it was spectacular

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 20 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of bird shit barn owls generate a huge amount! There's a stalagmite of poo in our barn

buzzy

Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 20 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a nice heap of egg shaped black pellets somewhere. Ideal research material for a lockdown project - what are they eating?

Henry

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 20 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly birds do have an unerring knack of hitting the spot. They seem to get our car windscreen with unerring accuracy too.

As you say Henry, owl pellets would make a good lockdown study. The tawny owls in our wood have been very vocal lately; we hear them most afternoons at the moment.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 20 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc most phones are capable of some sort of macro snaps.

if that is the case, a small dish with or without water, tweezers or improvised tweezers and a needle in a handle should be all the kit required to separate and record.

re teasing apart carefully, a magnifying glass on a stand and decent light can help with that sort of thing

what the previous owners of the bones were could be done from online id stuff if you dig deep

the content of owl pellets(or those of other pelleters should they be about)seems very doable as citizen science.

tease them apart, identify recent dinner, it sounds ace as a project and you get to know what little critters are around

little critters are so much fun
or to watch or to encourage to them to watch:wink:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive