Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
egg incubator

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 18 7:05 am    Post subject: egg incubator Reply with quote

Having had a fantastic broody Sussex, who sadly is no more, I’ve never used one before. I want one that will take 12 Sabelpoot eggs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 18 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not for a make or model but whatever you get adding a decent thermometer in the box is sensible as it allows confirmation that the thermostats are set correctly

one choice you need to make is simple and robust ( more day to day fiddling about ) or all singing and dancing humidity control, swinging egg trays etc etc ( less fiddling about but more catastrophic failures and resetting/ mending the machine)

size matters for various reasons, it should have a capacity at least half as big again as you need to hatch in a batch. bigger = more stable in temp/hum as well as making sure the henhouse is full, eat when smallish or sell the extras

simple is also quiet ( sleeping next to one that churrs and hisses like a slowmo intensive care unit is a bit trying )

evie2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 18 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know why we use broodies.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 18 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive