Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
homebrew enquiry

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 3:54 pm    Post subject: homebrew enquiry Reply with quote

could anyone help, i have recently made some homebrew, lager.
i have it in a pressure keg at the moment but when it is ready for consumption would i be better off bottling the lot,, also why would i need an injection system with the keg but obviously not with the bottles.
many thanks
bugsy

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: homebrew enquiry Reply with quote

bugsy wrote:
could anyone help, i have recently made some homebrew, lager.
i have it in a pressure keg at the moment but when it is ready for consumption would i be better off bottling the lot,, also why would i need an injection system with the keg but obviously not with the bottles.
many thanks
bugsy

I'd keep it in the barrel, you need the injuection system, because as the barrel is depleted pressure will equalise and you will need to pump in more C02.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a small two gallon keg and if I only have a couple of pints from it then enough gas is made by the beer left in it to keep the pressure up. The beer can last weeks like this and with of bit of practice is ideal for me as I don't fancy buying extra stuff.

mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 05 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stick with the barrel - bottle cleaning is a pain!!

if you want to avaoid gas injection make sure you got some slow fermenting sugurs in your brew!

If you are doing a natural mash this can be achieved by mashing at a slightly higher temperature

If you using a canned kit you have to add some suitable brewing sugars.

These sugars will slowly ferment and condition the barrel so long as you don't draw of too much at once.

My beers gets drunk too quick though so i have to use conditioning gas to fil up the air gap

Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive