Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
nice they are playing, are they playing nice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 21 3:51 pm    Post subject: nice they are playing, are they playing nice Reply with quote

it does not look like fun either

at least the steps, lots of work, keep the path fairly stable

i have not tried it in summer, without or with the train or a train of emmets

november to march could be fun, often it seemed like only us*, visibility and sound is patchy at times

hope they "had fun" stayed safe and mostly did no harm

* and some rather extreme chaps with more practice:lol:

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 21 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing on the actual summit is pretty sad IMHO

You have reached the top already, it's all pretty save and the actual summit is a small bump.

Listening to some of the headlines on this I was imagining queues on one of the dangerous(ish) tracks.

We did have fun once, going up on I think it was the miners track.
Started out clear weather, then it got nasty so even the train stopped running.

I can still get a rise out of Amipest by calling it a character building exercise

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 21 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been round the base of Snowdon a couple of times but never seen it. Always misty or wet when I go to that part of Wales. Trouble is, the 'usually go to Spain' type of holiday makers don't seem to understand that we have 'weather' in all parts of the UK, even the sunny South, or that walking up a mountain isn't the same as a saunter along the beach. And I wish people would take their litter home with them!!!

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 21 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is nice they made an effort(or patronised the train )but it does not look like much fun

i wonder what they would have thought of folk getting up quicker via the "steep bit", iirc it was doable up several routes in winter for fun, it would not be that challenging in summer to go the short ways

ps it can be quite challenging in winter which is why we met the old boys of 8000m climbs up there, they used it for practise before going east

considering everything, a queue in one place is easier on mountain rescue services than looking for them here and there over a large area

even in summer they seem to be travelling light, i have done very light for the place as it is a balance between carry it and maybe stay or only take what you need and alpine the thing quickly
i dont think that was the way most of them "planned"it

the public rarely disappoint when they "play" outdoors
that said i have walked across both tarns and glissaded crib goch which was a bit edgy

gz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 21 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we lived equidistant from the summit and the beach we never went to either...that was for "visitors"...

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 21 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryfan and the glydas are nice if it is busy, a walk or decent steep things to play on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive