Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
not for these reasons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 22 7:21 pm    Post subject: not for these reasons Reply with quote

as above, but if a couple of other folk i know see that they might consider i was right that "we need more metal"

nice tunnel, ok it is for goods and trade rather than defence, the construction is very nice for a touch every surface sized tube, the line of the hole is good, and the rail stuff looks very practical

narco kingdom tunell

dpack

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 22 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i am a dreadful old chap

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 22 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can equip a tunnel like that shows where the money is.

sgt.colon

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 22 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very impressive tunnel. I bet it came in on time and on budget as well. The Jubilee line lot could take some lessons from these guys.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 22 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:
If they can equip a tunnel like that shows where the money is.

the cargo they lost was $20 large retail prices, about $5 large in the south

it is not a new tunnel the last load may even have been a loss leader to clog the system in paperwork for a while at a lowish matériel and human cost

money is not an issue in such matters

it is an ace bit of engineering for a narrow gauge, clandestine, deepish, rail line
with an electric shove from a battery and motor each side could post the train to each other (they probably had a bloke pushing it )

nice ground to work in, not wet, not too hard or soft
ideal for such a tactic of creating a transport link between two places

other examples for assorted uses are usually less well-built, some are as or more splendid in assorted ways as function creates form, if that form is in harmony with the needs and conditions it will work and be beautiful

i have examined a few holes that people have made or adapted for assorted reasons, and some that are natural or accidental artefacts
mostly that has been delightful

best human made, or maybe worst, is a wormhole in kernow
it is bronze age, close to the surface, im not sure what the seam had it would probably been cassiterite, but that place has most of the planet's named minerals
i am wriggly and quite small, i was about 40M into a flowing wriggle that was front in and feet out with no turning
then it got smaller
there was at least as much again from what i could see and hear(echoes are good) that nowt bigger than a 7 yr old could get down(how do i know age and hole size? at that age i could get through spaces like that)

even at 40M in and not digging fairly solid minerals, it was getting a bit hard to breathe without a candle to give a little convection and perhaps a warning as a long flame means sort some better vent.
needs must etc but that hole was either on g'n lad or child slave
in many ways that is how not to make a hole, if they had bellows and some intestines it might have been a bit tight but functional even for cutting the seam by hand

the one on the snap seems to have a decent pipe that could have started as vent for the diggers what ever its end function

vent matters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive