Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Charity Fund Instead of Christmas Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 04 11:33 am    Post subject: Charity Fund Instead of Christmas Cards Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that I really like Cab's idea in his article - https://www.downsizer.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64

I've put a suggestion on my office's newsletter that we adopt this this year, and so far have two positives and no negatives...I take that as an overwhelming acceptance so hopefully we'll be giving it a go. It'll look nice in the office too and no cards littering my desk either. I don't think I can see any disadvantages at all - which is unusual for me!

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 04 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to regularly do this at work. It worked quite well, because we all sent christmas emails round, and dontated the saving to charity (There was this really stupid culture, you have to send a card to everyone in the class - sorry, office!) I don't send many cards. I actually see all the people I want to say happy christmas to, and say so! I send christmas letters in cards to one or two people I won't see.

cab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this idea from our technical team when I was studying up in Nottingham. It's such an obviously great idea that I've used it wherever I've been since then.

Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 04 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update...poster (on the back of a year planner that was on its way in to the recycling bin) is up (we've even been given permission to use blue tac on the pristine glass walls of the conservatory-shaped server room to display it!)...I think I'm the fourth person to have signed it and there is well over £15 in the mug already.

I haven't had a single colleague Christmas card!!!

tahir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 04 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent

cab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 04 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Bugs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive