Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Horseradish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 05 10:11 am    Post subject: Horseradish Reply with quote

Is it seasonal? If so, when is the season and has anyone ever seen it for sale?
I'm not keen to plant it in my garden as I have enough weedy monsters already, and I only want a little bit now and again to make some sauce.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 05 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit i was sent from another helpful member ( thanks by the way it tastes great) got put into a old plastic box and took off this year and every time i pulled a root i nipped off the tip and any stringy side roots and put them back in to the tub and at the moment it is bursting with sweet young leaves that go fantastic as a cut and come again salad leaf if you dont let them get too big so in my case it doesnt seem to be seasonal at all, it just keeps going and so in the spirit of downsizers and at the risk of getting swomped if anyone wants some horseradish plants PM me your address and i will send out as much as i can without killing the whole lot

judith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 05 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilsbury, that is really kind. Thanks - I will PM you my address.
As long as it is happy in a pot, that would suit me fine. I just don't trust these bullying plants any more after my mint experiences!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive