Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
HFW
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

Location: noun 1 a particular place or position: the property is set in a convenient location an actual place
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 3:43 pm    Post subject: HFW Reply with quote

Tonight.
9pm.
Channel 4.
Hughs Fish Fight.
Could be interesting.
Could be boring but the idea's sound.

paul1963

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: HFW Reply with quote

Drewsephine wrote:
Tonight.
9pm.
Channel 4.
Hughs Fish Fight.
Could be interesting.
Could be boring but the idea's sound.

Looking forward to it. He has some good ideas

bimini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this post at 5 past 9... good timing... thanks for the heads up! Got it on now!

cir3ngirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Boy (aged 10) set box to record it

Bebo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's in Hastings. Just down the road from me.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He damn near had me shouting at the telly... despite having an armful of sleeping baby.
Had the fishermen saying they should restrict the amount of fishing time, and the scientist saying they should reduce the fishing effort...
Then he starts banging on about how they don't agree.

-ing idiot. Too much talk and not enough listening.

Bebo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairyloon wrote:
He damn near had me shouting at the telly... despite having an armful of sleeping baby.
Had the fishermen saying they should restrict the amount of fishing time, and the scientist saying they should reduce the fishing effort...
Then he starts banging on about how they don't agree.

If everyone agrees why are the daft quotas that result in lots of dead fish for no benefit still in place?

stumbling goat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 11 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness someone is doing their bit to save the UK fishing industry.

No doubt HFW will be as successful saving the UK fishing industry as he was saving the UK chicken industry.

I am really looking forward to the next programme in this latest campaign, which will probably be filmed in a years time.

sg

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bebo wrote:
If everyone agrees why are the daft quotas that result in lots of dead fish for no benefit still in place?

Because politicians are involved.

That was something that puzzled me. The fishermen said they'd been throwing fish away like this for about ten years, but I'm sure that John Major signed up to the fisheries quota system.

Drewsephine

Location: noun 1 a particular place or position: the property is set in a convenient location an actual place
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumbling goat wrote:

I am really looking forward to the next programme in this latest campaign, which will probably be filmed in a years time.

sg

Tomorrow night
or tonight depending on when you read this

Katieowl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were wondering if only the British fishermen actually do this? (discards) Presumably it's the policy across Europe, so everyone does it. Surely they must all be complaining??? If everyone complains then surely (?) the policy HAS to change.

Or are the Brits the only people daft enough to implement it? Some how I have mental images of fishermen all over Europe going home with the full catch and saying "Nah I didn't catch any (insert fish quota of your choice) this is all (insert less desirable fish of choice)" and flogging it off to the local fish restaurant, and everyone involved turning a blind eye. Especially for the smaller fishermen, there can't be an EEC inspector at every landing.

Kate

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do think that it is shameful that fishermen have to dump 'unwanted' fish......okay so you go out to catch shrimp and you inevitably will catch other species, but having to dump them dead overboard is morally wrong.

Best of luck to him, but as noted, its politicians that are in charge, and this country seems to have lost its backbone standing up to other countries.

paul1963

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairyloon wrote:
Bebo wrote:

Because politicians are involved.

That was something that puzzled me. The fishermen said they'd been throwing fish away like this for about ten years, but I'm sure that John Major signed up to the fisheries quota system.

I seem to recall that happening, didn't it change later though under TB?

I was shocked to see food being thrown away like that. I know it's had a thread on here before and have been aware of the scale for some time but it was still shocking to see it

meggy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I learnt a lot so I applaud HFW for getting heated about it & getting on prime time telly with it .... another thing I heard on the radio this morning was the amount of food wasted by African farmers by not having the means to keep it fresh for market... urrrgh..... so much energy & time being invested in growing food or catching fish for it to be wasted before it even gets near markets, let alone the wastage in retail & at the consumer end.....

paul1963

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggy wrote:
Well I learnt a lot so I applaud HFW for getting heated about it & getting on prime time telly with it .... another thing I heard on the radio this morning was the amount of food wasted by African farmers by not having the means to keep it fresh for market... urrrgh..... so much energy & time being invested in growing food or catching fish for it to be wasted before it even gets near markets, let alone the wastage in retail & at the consumer end.....

It's bad enough on it's own but when you know that people are starving in the same continent it's appalling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive