Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
producing chicken throughout the year

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 04 8:43 am    Post subject: producing chicken throughout the year Reply with quote

we allready have bird orders for next year, but many people have asked if we would produce them birds throughout the year I know have to work out the economics of such, ie the size of the crop, the length of rear and if we had to freeze any could we still get the price.
This year we sold the Cobbs for £2lb and made a fair profit, but I also got Xmas premium rate dont forget, so what I am asking is what price would you pay say for an 8lb oven ready free-range bird ?

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 04 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have look in Waitrose but they are always very excessive prices. I would imagine you're after local farm shop / farmers market prices or people who sell direct?

DarrenG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 04 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought along those line of things but often organis/free-range is beyond the average working households income on a reg basis so I am trying to find a price fair to both myself and the customer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive