links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
No knead bread

Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 11 5:43 pm    Post subject: No knead bread Reply with quote

by Sally Too

1kg plain flour
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
pinch of salt
luke warm water

Try this recipe: No kneading needed.

I make a rather larger loaf than this. I don't faff about with all that floured teatowel nonsense either.

I mix up 1kg of plain flour with some yeast and a tiny sprinkle of salt and enough luke warm water to make a dough that would be just too sticky to knead. Cover with a plate and leave for about 18 hours. The dough rises and looks even more sticky than before. I knock it back by mixing it with a spoon and stretching and folding the dough over a couple of times and then leaving for another half hour or so as the oven with the casserole dish in it warm to full temp. Then scoop it all into the hot dish using one of those white flexible spatula thingys and sprinkle on some poppy seed and put in oven for about 50mins. A smaller loaf is quicker. Take out and eat the first slice when hot with butter melting...... Yum!

I usually mix the dough up last thing at night, then cook it the next day when I get back from work.

Easiest to clean the bowl by soaking and then scraping out the crud with the spoon/spatula rather than using cloth or scrubber at first as they get very gummed up with the remains of the dough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipe Database All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive