Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
website
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 11 10:45 am    Post subject: website Reply with quote

I want a very simple website 'doing'.Just a couple of pictures of sheep & my wool + my contact details. Its been suggested that its possible for me to update this with a blog.Does anybody know where I can get this done & roughly how much it would cost me.

Went

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 11 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need a full website or could you just manage with a blog? A blog could have a fixed front page with additional pages if necessary for updates or specific projects - it all depends what you want to do and the reason you want a website - sales? showcase? etc.

chez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 11 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you have a play with Blogger? It is very simple to get to grips with. Then you can see if that does the job for you - and if it doesn't you can simply use it for a blog and sort a 'front page' out.

The advantage of using a blog for showcasing/selling etc is that it is easy to upload new content yourself - good if you are selling one off items.

SandraR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 11 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is easy - blogger that is. I use it as I still haven't quite got to grips with a web page. Initially it was purely set up as a diary of events for myself and to keep in touch with my family, but now I advertise birds for sale on it and have people from all over the world contacting me re. sales. Unfortunately most are from America.

It is a good way to introduce yourself and then as Chez says you can progress from there and it is all free.

kate s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 11 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know anything about this blogger thing It looks like just what I want.So when somebody asks if I have a website where they can see some of my stuff my blog will have an address like a website will it? I think I need to go back & get more information! Thanks very much everyone

chez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 11 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, blogger gives you a chance to choose your address -

https://kates.blogger.com for example.

If you want to get a bit more complicated you can the buy yourself a 'better' address - https://kates.co.uk for example - and get it to forward on to the blogger one.

kate s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started blogging! I'm not that good at it but I'm learning & quite enjoying it.Thanks everyone for help & advice ---- again

Went

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate s wrote:
I've started blogging! I'm not that good at it but I'm learning & quite enjoying it.Thanks everyone for help & advice ---- again

Do we get to see it then?

kate s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no you don't want to look at it do you ?? Its not that good yet,I've still got to get the handspun wool & sheep grazing round Morecambe Bay pictures on so don't be too critical will you ? Its kateschofieldtextiles.blogspot.com

marigold

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me

Went

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done - I like the collage header and the photographs - good photos are important as is regular posting....good luck with it.

chez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 11 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely! (And the fibre colours are fantastic!)

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 11 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the dyed wool. That would knit up really nicely.

kate s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 11 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement & yes the hand-dyed wool does knit up nicely, I'm just in the process of trying some out on my little loom so we'll see how it weaves up --------- I should be putting that on my blog shouldn't I

Green Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 11 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a free Weebly.com web site. Worked fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive