Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
First frost of the year.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frosty here to , though not car covering levels. Certainly enough after the unseasonal weather recently to remind me what the real time of year is.

Nanny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had a nice frost this morning that necessitated scraping the car before setting off

nice crunchy grass and the air so clear i could hear the goats ears slapping when they shook their heads and millie braying for breakfast a quarter of a mile away......i like weather like that - much nicer than interminable wind and dreary grey skies

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microclimates . i am going to be very careful where i pick if i move again ,a few miles seems to make loads of difference to the temp, rainfall etc . this one huddersfield has changed loads since the 1960s ,it is now drier ,much warmer and less windy than it was, all of which are good for an urban redneck like me half the broadleaf trees are only now starting to turn , the rest are still yellow with most leaves still hanging . climate change seems to be a postcode lottery .

tawny owl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite frost here yet, but certainly close to, and wind making it feel very cold, even in the sunshine.

Neighbour's cat (who usually barely passes the time of day) came scratching at door this morning and has been curled up in front of radiator all day (even when it was off!). Suspect I'll remain NBF till the weather gets warmer!

Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can buy a thermometer that records the lowest temp during the night and the highest temp during the day........or even one that just records temps at set points throughout the day?!

Thanks

tawny owl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReevesRareBreeds wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a thermometer that records the lowest temp during the night and the highest temp during the day........or even one that just records temps at set points throughout the day?!

Thanks

You mean a min/max thermometer? Try here:www.thermometershop.co.uk/

thos

Location: Jauche, Duchy of Brabant (Bourgogne-ci) and Charolles, Duchy of Burgundy (Bourgogne-ça)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tawny owl wrote:
ReevesRareBreeds wrote:

Thanks

You mean a min/max thermometer? Try here:www.thermometershop.co.uk/

or Texas, B&Q or any garden shop.

Mine never seem to last long as I keep dropping them.

thos

Location: Jauche, Duchy of Brabant (Bourgogne-ci) and Charolles, Duchy of Burgundy (Bourgogne-ça)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cold spell has been delayed until Thursday. Saturday will have a maximum of 4.2 and a minimum of -5.1 with freezing fog, and Sunday night is -6.8. At least the garden is prepared.

mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently got a cheap electronic outdoor/indoor one from lidl!

it has a clock
it has a temp sensor n its body - that does present temp and max and min - and one on a probe that you can put outside - it does max and min for both

the probey bit can be used outside but is also quite useful for putting in a fermentation cupboard to see what is going on tempertaure wise in there!

hang on in there and keep eyes open - lidl specials usually reappear after a few months!

Lionheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses!

Cris

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 05 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've had 4 days now crisp cold etc but i picked rasberries this am , very odd .

pricey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 05 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had 4 days hard frost to, what part of hants you in tawny owl

ele

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 05 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever since cab posted about the unseasonable warmth I have been having to break up the ice in the bird bath

2steps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 05 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had frost for about 3 days. stays cold but the sun comes out so its not to bad

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 05 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moth and ladybird are seeking my warmth ,fools , i have warm clothes so no heating here yet .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive