Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Freshly Dyed Roving for Spinning

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 2:34 am    Post subject: Freshly Dyed Roving for Spinning Reply with quote

Seemed like a 'dye' type of day. Had the house to myself and needed some color to brighten my day. Each colorway is about 8 oz (227 grams) of roving

Inside shot (it is still quite wet)

A nice cold, blustery day out (about 1*C with a brisk wind). Decided to take advantage of 'freeze drying' in the wind:

Individual colorways:

Yup, it was blustery out! Considering each color was 8 oz and wool holds a lot of water. The wind was picking up a lot of weight here.

eta: Please forgive my clumsy conversions from oz to grams and Fahrenheit to Celsius!!!

edited to also add: I'm spinning up about 6 oz (170 grams) of the blue/turquoise/purple right now. I should end up with two skeins of 2-ply yarn, each about 150 yards .... hmmm, don't know how to convert yards into whatever 'meter' all y'all use! Sorry!

mochyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look lovely. Must do some dyeing soon.

Nell Merionwen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very pretty. Winter Rainbows!

gythagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lovely colours! And don't worry, most of us on here are perfectly happy with ounces and yards

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous! And just to reiterate...most of us are fine with yards, oz etc...its a bit weird actually...us olduns grew up with imperial measures, the younger ones with metric...but all our road signs are imperial, I often wonder how the kids, who grew up with metres, find signs that talk about yards...cos they are not the same! They drink pints in the pub too..

I have sort of worked out what a centimetre looks like now,(cos of the wirework I do) and am reasonably ok at grams, but still think in oz and pounds a lot of the time

Woodburner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 12 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh gorgeous!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive