Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
know of any good smallholding/land with planning in France

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 11 7:39 pm    Post subject: know of any good smallholding/land with planning in France Reply with quote

Looking for something with min 2 acres, pref more in North of France, less than £200,000, am I being unrealistic?
I know I have seen them for that price in Northern Scotland, but France is warmer

Green Rosie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 11 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you come across AngloInfo? Lots of good info and advertisers e.g. estate agents etc on there but beware of the Forums - they are very heavily moderated and anything resembling chat or banter will be deleted and never ever say anything bad about a product or service, that'll get deleted.

Linky here for the Normandy one

naomij

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 11 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Ma is selling her small holding in France for that sort of money, can't remember acreage but orchard, farmhouse they've renovated and outbuildings, duck pond etc. But its in Normandy

gardening-girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 11 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Brittany any good?My friends neighbours house is on the market.
3 acres, small house.

Green Rosie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 11 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: know of any good smallholding/land with planning in Fran Reply with quote

blufawn wrote:

I know I have seen them for that price in Northern Scotland, but France is warmer

Not always - Scotland can benefit from the Gulf Stream which isn't always the case here in Normandy. Last couple of winters we have had long cold spells (-11 degrees) with plenty of snow and previous the winters have been very wet. Summers are comparable to the UK I reckon, although last summer was hotter and very drier (Normandy anyway).

boisdevie1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 11 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: know of any good smallholding/land with planning in Fran Reply with quote

blufawn wrote:
Looking for something with min 2 acres, pref more in North of France, less than £200,000, am I being unrealistic?

A good starting point for dealing with all things about living in France is www.totalfrance.com

If you're considering moving to France there are lots of points to consider. OK, property can seem attractive but:
Do you speak French?
Do you understand how French bureaucracy works (or doesn't work)
Will you need to earn money?

I've lived in France for 10 years, speak bloody good French and have had a decent job here for two years out of ten. It can be v very very hard.

blufawn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 11 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im quite used to living abroad. I lived in Portugal for 4 years and Finland for two. I can speak some French and I have friends there so im not worried about that side of things too much. And I dont have to earn money I am self employed and can work from anywhere, just need a computer.
Thanks for the website links, ill look into them

Im sure Normandy would be fine, I would be interested to know the acreage and see any photos.

naomij

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 11 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ma has a blog about the work they've done on their place and information about the land, the address is:

Www.sourdevalhome.blogspot.com

Get in touch if you'd like contact details. Although she happens to be visiting me today if you are keen to ask about it you could pm me for my/her number.

They have recently had a fast Internet connection provided too

blufawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 11 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that looks gorgeous, but also looks out of my price range i'd imagine.
Im sorry I missed your ma
Does she have an email address?

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 11 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vanessa on here has one she wants to sell, no idea where in France or how much though.

Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 11 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do indeedy. Not exactly north of France, mind; it's nearly 2/3 of the way down. Have a look at a map, we're roughly half-way between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde. It's a beautiful place with lovely neighbours.

Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 11 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and including all the land (approx 6 hectares including some woodland) it's €200,000. So around £180,000 at today's exchange rate I'd reckon. Happy to do all finance in sterling so neither party would lose out on exchanging to-and-fro.

https://house-in-correze-for-sale.co.uk/ (although the website isn't finished, and I managed to lock myself out the other day!!)

naomij

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 11 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blufawn wrote:
WOW, that looks gorgeous, but also looks out of my price range i'd imagine.
Im sorry I missed your ma
Does she have an email address?

She does, I'll pm it to you as it might be worth talking to her if you're interested I can't know exactly what she is prepared to take for it but I certainly don't think it would be pointless contacting her with your budget

Naomi

London10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 12 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: know of any good smallholding/land with planning in Fran Reply with quote

[ for that kind of money you will get a lot in france
three sites to look safer .fr go to properties rurale section great for what you want
seloger.fr put in region type of property etc
Leboncoin.fr do the same region etc land size .
https://www.proprietes-rurales.com/fr/achat,vente,propriete,creuse,elevage,ensemble_en_pierres_aux_portes_de_gueret_avec_15_ha_de_foncier_,12423.html

example 15 ha (37 acres ) grange , shed, house needs work 90000 euro , lots all over france

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive