Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
New phone for 18 year old - again! Further advice needed...

Author 

Location: The Fishing Strumpet is from Ceredigion in West Wales
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 12 2:01 pm    Post subject: New phone for 18 year old - again! Further advice needed... Reply with quote

We've now established that Jack's current contract is almost at an end and we have the code to be able to swap to another provider and another phone.

So, *if* he gets the latest iPhone (or similar), which is the best provider/deal/network signal range in Wales?

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 12 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wales is a whole country. Go to a suppliers website and put your postcode in. Or ask in the local pub. Signals can be very local.

Went

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 12 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most providers will have a coverage checker on their sites and there will be an independent review on the net. Different makes of phones also respond to signal strengths in slightly differing ways and that also affects reception.

Here you go as an example: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

welsh veg grower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 12 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure in cardigan but OH and I travel around wale sa lot and both use orange the coverage isnt too bad some areas have no coverage what ever network you are on.

vegplot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 12 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use two phones one on an EE (Ornage) contract and the other on Vodfone. The Vodafone is a really cheap (£19 SIM free) Nokia with a top up card and the main phone is a smartphone. Having both gives me good coverage.

MarkS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 13 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

You could use this web site to identify the transmitters in the areas that you need coverage in.

Be aware that as part of the orange / T-mobile merger, many of their transmitters are being turned off.

This is leading to problems in many rural areas. Here in N.Yorks several villages have lost orange /tmobile/ee coverage which is an issue since orange have the contract for the ambulance service and the back up for the police tetra system.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 13 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here as Mark, MJ (I am going to switch back when I can get around to it) so check what your neighbours can use.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive