Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Wanted: Goat

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 06 7:15 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Goat Reply with quote

I've just had a call from my mother-in-law asking if I know of any goats for sale in the Wiltshire area. Story as follows...

MIL has a friend who until last week had 2 goats, until sadly one of them died last Friday. The remaining goat is pining badly and the friend wants to get a replacement asap. I told MIL that the friend is probably far better placed to track down a goat than me as I know NOTHING about them. I enquired about breed/sex etc, but MIL knew nothing more than 'not too big, and its got to be tame because there are young children living there'. Not exactly a lot to go on now is it?

MIL said that her friend has already been in touch with various rescue centres and vets but has drawn a blank, so has basically asked if I could think of anywhere else she could try....I'm guessing there must be some kind of Goat Owners society or similar, anyone got any details? Or any other avenues worth exploring?

cheers
boo

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 06 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only help I can be is the CS breeders directory:

https://www.countrysmallholding.com/content/resources/?id=875

Nanny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 06 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also contact the local smallholders society, there are bound to be some goat keepers there

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 06 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are usually quite a few advertised in adtrader in our area - it might be worth a quick look. Or she could also place her own ad. What about cards in agricultural suppliers places?

Stacey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 06 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILTSHIRE GOAT SOCIETY
Mrs S. Gow, Stow House, Dauntsey Road, Great Somerford, Chippenham, Wilts SN15 5HU.
Tel 01249 720621
E-mail: Robinthegows@aol.com

Any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive