Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
New Recycling Ideas
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 13 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
I hope you don't mind me saying but you come across as angry and frustrated which is a bit off putting if people want to discuss your ideas with you. I have had a look at your website and from the pictures the ideas look very interesting for people in the right circumstances. I personally don't feel the need to use it as space is not a problem of mine but in a city or slum it looks life saving assuming the plastic is freely available to the poor.

Have you tried writing a printable article and getting it into a suitable magazine? Permaculture magazine or Resurgence both spring to mind as they have an international audience.
I also found your website a bit awkward to look round (meant to be a helpful comment) and the mix of instructions and pictures don't flow. You really do need a step by step pic and instruction document on how to construct a system.
You really do need to get a charity involved who is working in a suitable country for a pilot project and who can record some statistics for you such as inputs and yield and time taken for a reasonable crop to be produced.
Your allotment with the systems working looks amazing

oldish chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 13 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you have a wealth of information, it is a shame that it should languish in your website. I share piggyphile's opinions.

However, as an old IT guy, can I humbly suggest that the problem lies with the design. Systems design is a complex process, way beyond the scope of a bit of toing and froing on an internet forum. A startpoint might be to imagine your target audience and then construct a 30 minute lecture. Each powerpoint slide will form the basis of a web page.

A technician could suggest ways to make sure that search engines will link your target audience to your website - another complex process.

john

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 13 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for trying to help me in your own way Chris, I did say to people who visit my website, please look at my pages as if they were in a book, this also acts as a record of the time and effort it takes to change things in life if you are a nobody, who just want to help people to have a better life. With this in mind it's taken me 13 years to find out how to make my photos and pages look to me, much better.

john

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 13 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Piggyphile, thank you for showing your interest in what I'm trying to do in my own way. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. From me John. JRP

john

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 13 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13-10-2013. Hi ALL, for those of you who are really interested in the 3R's of waste, I've just started a NEW Facebook Group called ( 3R's Waste Plastic Container Gardening) where I hope to spread the word to a lot more people all over the world in my own way. If you have used any of my ideas or you are going to in the future, please come and join me and other members who are interested in waste plastic container gardening. I welcome you to join us to enjoy gardening in a different way, and to help stop people going hungry, and to also help spread the word, to help reduce some of our waste plastic containers going to landfill sites right now. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. From me John.JRP. www.recycling.moonfruit.com www.facebook.com/groups/john.jrp/

Last edited by john on Thu Dec 11, 14 1:30 am; edited 3 times in total

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 13 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
13-10-2013. Hi ALL, for those of you who are really interested in the 3R's of waste, I've just started a NEW Facebook Group called ( 3R's Waste Plastic container Gardening)

I can't find it. Have you set it to public?

john

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 13 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hairyloon I'm sorry it's www.facebook.com/groups/john.jrp/

john

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 13 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11-12-2013. Hi ALL, the day has come to say, for over 15 years now I've been saying there is a answer to every man made problem, so please don't treat my 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening ideas like the Elephant standing on a table, the reason why, because all I'm trying to do is spread the word about something that actually works in the simplest of ways, and it cost next to nothing to make to help my fellow Human being feed themselves. To find out more please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com or YouTube or Facebook or please e-mail me at john.new.idea@virgin.net. Thank you. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, and I do hope you have a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 too. From me John. JRP.

john

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 14 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11-12-2014. Hi ALL, thank you for showing your interest in my 3R's Waste Plastic Container Gardening ideas, which I've also shared on Facebook too. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, and I hope you ALL have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 too, from me John.JRP. www.recycling.moonfruit.com

john

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 15 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12-12-2015. Hi ALL, may YOU and yours and what you grow live long and HAPPY, from me John.JRP. www.recycling.moonfruit.com

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 15 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again ,im using polystyrene fish boxes as planters for a shed roof growing space.they seem to work well.

repurposing stuff seems very sensible .

have a nice winter festival and drop in more often .

john

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 16 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12-12-2016. Hi ALL, I'm just posting again to say I'm still trying to spread the word about my @3R's Waste Plastic Container Gardening ideas, from me John.JRP. www.recycling.moonfruit.com may I be one of the first to wish YOU ALL a Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 16 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas John.

Have you happened upon any good ideas for recycling videotape or wine box bags?

john

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 16 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13-12-2016. Hi Hairyloon, You could try putting bean canes in the ground and then put a bottle over the end of each one so you don't poke your eyes out, and then tie the tape around the lower part of each of the necks so they make what look like a spiders web to keep things away, the sound of the wind will also do this too, the bottle bags you could then be put over the upside down bottle to add a bit of colour, thanks for asking, from me John.JRP. May YOU and yours and what you grow live long and HAPPY.

furbelows22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 17 6:20 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I'm new on this forum and this ne is really cool. the 3R's Waste Plastic Container Gardening ideas isa good way of recycling. I'll join your FB page if that's ok?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive