Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
business cards
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 13 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first ones were vistaprint.

I'm going local for the next batch as I feel I'll have more control over quality of card and printing.
I'm keeping the designing "in house"....https://whitefire-designs.co.uk/?q=node/3
my daughter

Nicky cigreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 13 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first lot were from Moo - very good quality, but even with a special offer, quite pricey - although they are good if you want a variety of images rather than just one

then I got a load from vistaprint - excellent value for money

earthyvirgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 13 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gz wrote:
My first ones were vistaprint.

I'm going local for the next batch as I feel I'll have more control over quality of card and printing.
I'm keeping the designing "in house"....https://whitefire-designs.co.uk/?q=node/3
my daughter

I think that's a wise decision.
It's not necessarily that much more expensive and as gz says you have control, and you can usually see a proof.

Vanessa recently sent me one of her cards ... which I did the artwork for. She got the printing done locally and the quality is excellent.

EV

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 13 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do ours on the computer. Advantage is we can change anything we want when we want, and have long or short runs. Downside is they are not such good quality, and because we have an inkjet, not waterproof.

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 13 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:
We do ours on the computer. Advantage is we can change anything we want when we want, and have long or short runs. Downside is they are not such good quality, and because we have an inkjet, not waterproof.

A quick spray with hairspray will help with sealing the printing.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 13 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alison. I might try that on some of the labels I make for candles and things. Never use hair spray, so only use I have seen for it recently is to set charcoal pictures to stop little dears being completely covered by the end of the day.

Luath

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 13 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used both Vistaprint and moo, both excellent. My Vistaprint cards are on good quality recycled card, very reasonable price too

vegplot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 13 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you view quality. Some are quite happy with cheap and cheerful and just need to get a message across and others more sensitive about design, layout, typography, print quality etc.

We designed some business cards for a customer recently and used Moo. He was very pleased.

I've had cards from https://www.blushpublishing.co.uk/ who ooze quality and use letterpress.

chez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used both Moo and Vistaprint. I agree that the quality of the Moo ones is much better. But price-wise, Vistaprint are very good and I design my own and load them up. The quality isn't as good; however, I don't think that that's important for me - people tend to be surprised that I even have a card rather than critical of the quality . If I was a design business I'd spend more.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo are constantly spamming my fb page with double thickness, half size cards which look nice. I reckon they fit in noones wallet and will get lost. Vista do have a reputation of signing people up on free offers and never cancelling direct debits, or something, iirc. Blacksmith got caught, I think.

I'm thinking supporting your local printer is probably better.

chez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more expensive, in my experience, though - I did price it up. I think it depends on your position. I'm on such thin margins atm that I chose the multinational.

I got some of those little Moo cards with photos of the kids on and made them in to a collage for Grandma Christmas Presents last year. I was impressed with them.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, as with everything, reality has to bite. It's the Internet tho, so I thought I'd throw in my poorly researched, anecdotal brain fart as solid fact.

chez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As opposed to your usual incisive, well researched and helpful contributions, you mean?

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up, and am part of New Downsizer, that doesn't rely on fact. I find I care less that way.

chez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 13 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Nick Clegg and I claim my five pounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive