Latest Articles
2014 craft projects?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 14 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, probably just 'lots'!

madcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 14 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to start painting again but I say that every year and nothing changes.

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 14 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe.....learn to sew? Also, design jewellery that will sell, maybe find time to do a lampworking course, learn to use the pro markers I bought in a rush of blood to the head....

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 14 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lettucewoman wrote:
maybe.....learn to sew?

Good idea... I do have a sewing machine cluttering the place up.

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 14 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleece/spinning
Wash the Lleyn fleece, and spin it for a jumper
Finish spinning Hebridean fleece (or felt it ?) >> hat
Spin enough Shetland to knit something with it >> shawl/scarf
spin silk bits ditto >> use in with the Shetland
spin and dye the rest of the Dorset Horn
spin the nice, clean, already-dyed Romney
Clean, sort, skirt and wash the dirty Zwartbles fleece.
(no prizes for guessing which of these might get done first)

Knitting
Knit more things that are not socks.
Knit a jumper
Knit currently finished handspun into useful, wearable items (hats/cowls).

and breathe

lorrayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 14 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set myself a challenge to see if I can complete something every month, I have a stash of wool and fabric which needs to be reduced, so even if its only little things like leg warmers or boot cuffs and cushion covers - I'm not aiming too high.
However I have a metre square box of drift wood that is pleading with me to be used ( every time I open the garage it stares at me accusingly) so I'm thinking of a large sea horse for a wall.
The other activity that I would like to do is for my grandkids ( 3 little people soon to be 4 !) they would love a dog but its not possible so I've been looking at creating a paper mache dog (s) not quite the same thing but a lot easier to look after. Many years ago my daughter went to a class given by Philip Cox and she still has 'Gordon' the dog she made, so if I achieve these I shall be feeling very smug lol.
L

Went

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 14 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorrayne wrote:

However I have a metre square box of drift wood that is pleading with me to be used ( every time I open the garage it stares at me accusingly) so I'm thinking of a large sea horse for a wall.

L

I have a fair amount of driftwood as well and keep meaning to do something interesting with it - would love to see the sea horse once you've completed it.

tigerella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 14 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gil wrote:
Fleece/spinning
Wash the Lleyn fleece, and spin it for a jumper
Finish spinning Hebridean fleece (or felt it ?) >> hat
Spin enough Shetland to knit something with it >> shawl/scarf
spin silk bits ditto >> use in with the Shetland
spin and dye the rest of the Dorset Horn
spin the nice, clean, already-dyed Romney
Clean, sort, skirt and wash the dirty Zwartbles fleece.
(no prizes for guessing which of these might get done first)

Knitting
Knit more things that are not socks.
Knit a jumper
Knit currently finished handspun into useful, wearable items (hats/cowls).

and breathe

Same here, only different breeds of sheep. Plus I got a kilo of alpaca raw fleece as runner up in a pattern design competition. It has already taken me ages just fiddling about trying to decide how to prepare it, how to spin it, whether to blend and if so what with. If I had won, I think I'd be dealing with alpaca stash til I died.

Breathing is a lot more effort than usual - I think small relatives have given me a festive snotty virus. I shall retaliate with birthday knitwear.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started knitting a jumper, have some alpaca that I have started spinning after a long break from any spinning. I have some material that will go very nicely with the jumper, so need to make that up into a skirt. Otherwise, do more spoons and spatulas, and make the bits I had for reindeer before Christmas into dogs.

Nora, bowl turning on a bungee lathe is very hard work. You are stopping and starting to turn the wood in the opposite direction all the time. We did one between us as we found it so tiring.

Finsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin, spin, spin and a 'bit' of knitting in between...

I have been trying grow up Shetland wool yarn stock, spinning and dying the yarn into different colours so eventually I would have plentiful amount of colour choices from which to make Fair Isle style sleeveless top.
I'm hoping...no..I AM going to get round to spin and knit 'fisherman's' jumper that I've promised myself for ages. Mountain of Norwegian wool is blended and carded for it... all ready and waiting for its turn on wheel... ..its been waiting for a year already...
I have few more Derbyshire Gritstone fleeces that need sorting before the next lot of new season fleeces arrive...
And I've got all the Hebridean wool that I washed last summer to spin too..
I would love to find some time to make myself a bag of some sort from Herdwick wool...
I would love to find opportunity for some 'play time' with all the little 'bits and bobs' of different breed wool samples.
But, as the gardening season is soon here..yet again, 'fluff' time is running short...

And....and....and....

nora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:

Nora, bowl turning on a bungee lathe is very hard work. You are stopping and starting to turn the wood in the opposite direction all the time. We did one between us as we found it so tiring.

I think i'll have to do it in stages at first till I build up my strength (hopefully)

gythagirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just maybe I'll pluck up the courage to actually learn to use the Ashford Heddle Loom I bought from Ren through ds about 2 years ago

I'll have room to set it up at least, as no 3 Son has Moved Out so I'm having his old room as my craft/sewing room, lots of worktops and storage and I'll be Properly Organised. She says...

Bodrighy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent three days revamping my workshop and installing new dust filtration to make it student friendly. Now I have to build up my stock before the fairs and markets get going again. Just have to decide what to make LOL.

Pete

MornieG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodrighy wrote:
Just spent three days revamping my workshop and installing new dust filtration to make it student friendly. Now I have to build up my stock before the fairs and markets get going again. Just have to decide what to make LOL.

Pete

I have a list LOL

Mo.XX

Bodrighy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 14 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MornieG wrote:
Bodrighy wrote:

Pete

I have a list LOL

Mo.XX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive