Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Posting eggs....

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 14 3:03 pm    Post subject: Posting eggs.... Reply with quote

....is it worth the time and effort? Don't get me wrong I am more than happy to post to 'friends' and am very grateful to those who take the time and effort to post to me ..but generally on ebay, FB pages etc is it worth doing?

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 14 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't, and I say that because you run the risk of dealing with crooks, idiots, incompetents and the postal service. Do you really need or want the hassle?

Mr O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 14 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussed here on BYC https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/419712/shipping-heritage-hatching-eggs-through-the-mail

chez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 14 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it less these days, because of the hassle of doing it properly.

My feeling is that if I'm doing it for a dozen, for £12 plus postage,, then yes, it is. But for half a dozen, less so.

Castle Farm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 14 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your just popping 6 eggs into a polybox and taping shut it's a dawdle, as long as you know where your post office is.

But if your standards are a lot higher (and I know they will be Sandra) and you take the time and effort to pack them properly I'd say no it's not worth the hassle.

I spend ages this time of the year packing eggs and sending them off. Make sure you get the money up front, as some people forget to pay.

chez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 14 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Farm wrote:
But if your standards are a lot higher (and I know they will be Sandra) and you take the time and effort to pack them properly I'd say no it's not worth the hassle.

Exactly. I usually cushion each individual egg inside the polybox and then put the polybox inside a cardboard box full of polystyrene fraggles. It takes a half hour to wrap a dozen, pretty much.

Bodger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 14 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted two dozen eggs off first class this morning to someone on another forum and had to pay £15.10p ! Even though the eggs were for free, it certainly took the shine off things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive