About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Great Yorkshire show
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 14 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about this year as I haven't checked but you could buy discounted tickets last year and the year before at Morrisons supermarkets.
Anne

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 14 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who won the 'pig of the year' competition-chicken feed? Northern Monkey Girl- a pound would buy about 20% of a burger at a show-'fraid I take sandwiches, half of me is Yorkshire-the better half! I help at the pigs in the Royal Welsh show and the Royal Welsh garden and small holder show, so I get a ticket, but they are almost pricing themselves out of the market for many folks.

chicken feed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 14 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
So who won the 'pig of the year' competition-chicken feed? Northern Monkey Girl- a pound would buy about 20% of a burger at a show-'fraid I take sandwiches, half of me is Yorkshire-the better half! I help at the pigs in the Royal Welsh show and the Royal Welsh garden and small holder show, so I get a ticket, but they are almost pricing themselves out of the market for many folks.

will let you know the winner of POY after its taken place !! its not until wednesday.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 14 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou!

NorthernMonkeyGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 14 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be wearing a green dress, mucky boots, and a hare necklace, if I bump into anyone tomorrow

gregotyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 14 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Monkey Girl you will find chicken feed without any bumping; she will be with her pigs, and you can introduce yourself!

Bodger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 14 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick check of the results reveal that CF's pigs have won every Lop class at the show. A clean sweep!

NorthernMonkeyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 14 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see anyone with the Goosetree pigs else I'd have said hello, but I did see the shiny red First Prize board thingy Well done you!

gregotyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 14 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Northern Monkey Girl, I was covinced chicken feed would be around at some stage

chicken feed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 14 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
Sorry Northern Monkey Girl, I was covinced chicken feed would be around at some stage

never far away from gamin the pig wash rest of the day found in the pig lines, pig rings or the pig bar !! i admit I'm a bit on the short side so hard to spot in a crowd !!

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 14 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who won 'Pig of the year' please? I may have to invest in an FW if no one knows

chicken feed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 14 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
Who won 'Pig of the year' please? I may have to invest in an FW if no one knows

a duroc from the loveless family

gregotyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 14 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, chicken feed. I know that family from Dorset, Steve was the man,-friend of a chap whose herd I looked after in Somerset, when the family went to Spain for 3 weeks and I became a pigman again, (after 25 years away from farming), looking after a small 80ac, farm, 40 suckler cows, pedigree saddlebacks, LWs and durocs with the associated chickens, horses, dogs and cats!- I loved every minute of it and became young again! I also did a show, showing a pig or 2, at the B and West, only annoyed the girl I was going out with decided she didn't want me anymore, best time of my life then-not the girl the showing!!

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 14 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure a hare necklace is my thing but i have the makings of a new hare hat (the hound ate the last one as a puppy)

NorthernMonkeyGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 14 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
im not sure a hare necklace is my thing but i have the makings of a new hare hat (the hound ate the last one as a puppy)

It's a little wooden hare. I was going to be all feminine and civilised and stuff. Ended up in jeans and t-shirt and swamp boots anyway, how did that happen?

Talking of hares, thinking of dog raggy toys, do you think some strips of (rabbit??)skin plaited together would stand up to abuse? Pup's last toy lasted a whole two days before getting shredded, I suppose it's my fault for taunting her with "Is it dead yet??".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive