Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
4 Bed house with chicken coop and land in Bulgaria for rent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 10 2:24 pm    Post subject: 4 Bed house with chicken coop and land in Bulgaria for rent Reply with quote

I am looking for a couple or family that want a change of life and to live abroad for 2 or 3 years. I have a 4 bedroom unfurnished house for rent with 1000sqm with large chicken coop. I was originally looking for 300 a month plus bills, however what I would now like to offer is lower rent but with a little garden and property maintenance in return.

Basically I would accept 200E/mth plus bills.

I would expect in return:

1. Any small DIY jobs or maintenance doing on 4 properties I own in the same village. Not likely to be much, maybe the odd broken tap, small leak etc. Checking regularly in my absence (mainly over winter, I am likely to be there most of summer).

2. My main house is next door but I split my time between Bulgaria and France and so would want my garden looking after in my absence - grass cutting, weeding etc - spring through to end of summer. I also have a large vegetable area (around 15m x 15m) and you could use this area for growing vegetables as well. Looking after gardens in rental properties - mainly grass cutting and weeding.

I have a plot with an old house on it that needs clearing but this land might be available for use as well if you wanted to keep livestock say.

I am looking for long term rent - say 2 to 3 years.

I would need a fairly large deposit as have had a lot of trouble with tenants in the past - so probably 600E deposit. And would ask for at least 3 month's rent up front. And ideally references.

The house is unfurnished. The village has a kindergarten and school and shops and restaurant. There is a wood burner in the lounge and would then need electric heaters in other rooms. There is some wood available and plenty can be chopped down and cleared form other plots. Water is metered but very cheap - 10 Euros/mth. Electric bills likely to be around 30 to 40 Euros/mth in summer and double that in winter.

No problem with pets if you want to bring them.

Looking for long term tenant relationship with honest, trustworthy and fun people.

Let me know if interested. Looking to start rent in May.

Possibility of additional work doing building, gardening and DIY for other expats.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 10 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds ace for the right folk

gofarmer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 10 4:16 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Yeah had a lot of trouble with tenants over last couple of years but hoping to find a nice couple, looking for change of life who are into gardening, maybe want to keep chickens, can do basic DIY etc...

sueshells

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 10 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds lovely - but more than 25 Euros a week in work!

gofarmer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 10 4:43 pm    Post subject: not much work... Reply with quote

Well apart from few small DIY jobs in summer to get things sorted, it is mainly grass cutting and weeding. Could easily do in a full day or half day's work - that's 50 levs a day, which is double usual Bulgarian rates where average monthly wage is around 150 to 200 Euros/mth.

And you are getting a large 4 bed house with large garden, plus use of other land for 200 Euros/mth. Cheap living, good weather....

As someone else has said great deal for the right person.

In any case I am open to negotiations and there is likely more paid work for other expats as I get quite a few requests for gardening and maintenance work as this is the area I used to do when I lived there full time.

Bulgarianlily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 10 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which region and village is it in?

gofarmer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 10 5:23 pm    Post subject: region Reply with quote

Village of Yulievo, close to Magleesh and Kazanlak.
Stara Zagora district.

gofarmer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 10 9:36 am    Post subject: Bit more info... Reply with quote

ok to explain a little more....

I currently have 3 renovated properties that are stood empty. I would rather these were lived in and the land looked after than just sat there.

One is a sweet 2 bedroom cottage that was renovated a couple of years ago and has a separate guest annex. Would be ideal for someone to run as a small B&B and I have let it out over last year or two. There is a small garden with it (just grass and grape vines) and then a plot next door of around 1500sqm with fruit trees that is currently unused. I am hoping to rent this out long term for around 250E/mth plus bills. It has internet installed and satellite TV would not be a problem. It is furnished. Plenty of wood lying around for heating.

Another is a large property that was renovated last year and split into two one bed apartments. It is unfurnished. There is a large barn and around 1000sqm of mainly grass. Again for rental.

Then there is a large 4 bedroom house, next door to my main house which is unfurnished but would make ideal B&B as downstairs separate to upstairs. There is around 1000sqm plot with fruit trees. This is the house that the couple of family would live in and rent cheaply.

If the other two are rented out then basically it will simply be keeping an eye on my house next door and helping with gardening, mainly when I am not there (March/April/May and September/October). During winter not much to do except check all ok regularly. Everything would be turned off in any case. If really cold might have to put electric heater on for a few days etc.

With regard to additional work, if you were good at building work there is the chance of doing renovations for other expats. If you work from home via the internet then ideal. Or as already stated could run a B&B and I am happy to help market this via my website.

gofarmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 10 12:34 pm    Post subject: Now rented Reply with quote

The cottage and the 4 bedroom house are now rented long term and the 4 bed house will be run as a small B&B.

I now just have a renovated and furnished villa for sale for £20,000 and a large property split into 2 apartments, unfurnished with 1000sqm and massive barn for long term rent - 200E/mth.

gofarmer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 12 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after disaster with various tenants (Brits coming over living on benefits and then leaving when benefits stopped and leaving massive bills) no longer doing long term lets, although open to someone coming for a few months over summer if they wanted to have a cheap holiday home (250E/mth with bills included) and do bit of gardening, plot clearance.

Still got renovated villa for sale with 800sqm plot and 2 barns but as Euro/pound rate changed now only £17999. And got another more basic villa for sale for £11999 with 1000sqm (no outbuildings) and could have use of another 1000 sqm just down road.

lorrayne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 12 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear that must be really disappointing for you - couldn't you get a couple of woofers ? I would love to but other half has had both hips replaced at the same time so he's out of action, hope you manage to get sorted.
L

gofarmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 12 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No longer have any interest in getting long term tenants. It will just be used as a guest house for when friends and family come to stay.

I may consider getting someone in as a 'house sitter/worker' over the summer months as I work closely with a local dog rescue and would love to be able to foster over the summer but we have to go to the coast every 2 weeks for work and so we are not around for 3 or 4 days at a time to care for the dogs. We can take our 3 with us (although various Brits on the complex are trying to get us not to) but not new mums and pups etc.

jayne ronan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 14 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Bed house with chicken coop and land in Bulgaria for r Reply with quote

gofarmer wrote:
I am looking for a couple or family that want a change of life and to live abroad for 2 or 3 years. I have a 4 bedroom unfurnished house for rent with 1000sqm with large chicken coop. I was originally looking for 300 a month plus bills, however what I would now like to offer is lower rent but with a little garden and property maintenance in return.

Basically I would accept 200E/mth plus bills.

I would expect in return:

1. Any small DIY jobs or maintenance doing on 4 properties I own in the same village. Not likely to be much, maybe the odd broken tap, small leak etc. Checking regularly in my absence (mainly over winter, I am likely to be there most of summer).

2. My main house is next door but I split my time between Bulgaria and France and so would want my garden looking after in my absence - grass cutting, weeding etc - spring through to end of summer. I also have a large vegetable area (around 15m x 15m) and you could use this area for growing vegetables as well. Looking after gardens in rental properties - mainly grass cutting and weeding.

I have a plot with an old house on it that needs clearing but this land might be available for use as well if you wanted to keep livestock say.

I am looking for long term rent - say 2 to 3 years.

I would need a fairly large deposit as have had a lot of trouble with tenants in the past - so probably 600E deposit. And would ask for at least 3 month's rent up front. And ideally references.

The house is unfurnished. The village has a kindergarten and school and shops and restaurant. There is a wood burner in the lounge and would then need electric heaters in other rooms. There is some wood available and plenty can be chopped down and cleared form other plots. Water is metered but very cheap - 10 Euros/mth. Electric bills likely to be around 30 to 40 Euros/mth in summer and double that in winter.

No problem with pets if you want to bring them.

Looking for long term tenant relationship with honest, trustworthy and fun people.

Let me know if interested. Looking to start rent in May.

Possibility of additional work doing building, gardening and DIY for other expats.

hi we are a family of 3 looking for somewhere to live in Bulgaria renting or buying reading your blog we wondered if you could advise us we are hoping to move about sept 2014 thanks

gofarmer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 14 11:03 am    Post subject: now selling portfolio Reply with quote

Well after a bumpy couple of years and family death we have decided to re-evaluate what we want to do with our lives and have decided we'd like a fresh start. The main home we live in now was built by me and my ex back in 2007 and the couple of houses we own next door that are renovated, were done by me, prior to being with current partner.

Plus our charity work is our main focus so we really need to only have the one property we can concentrate on and be in a different area.

So we have decided to try and sell our portfolio of village houses. In brief there is:

- Main house, 3 bedrooms (all large), new build in 2007, large landscaped garden of around 1,200sqm with small barn and dog pens.
- Renovated 4 bedroom house next door with 800sqm
- Large property split into 2 one bed apartments, 1000sqm with large barn, also next door. Needs a little TLC after last tenants moved out.
- Un-renovated 2 up, 2 down house with massive barn and smaller barns and 1,300sqm (also next door). Needs complete renovation.
- Building plot of 700sqm in same village, just over the road

There is also a 3000sqm development plot (currently agricultural aland and used by local co-op) on edge of nearest city which is around 23km away.

Also a studio apartment on the coast.

And a mini-bus could be added in.

Please contact for more details as price would depend on exactly what was wanted, timescales, furnished or not........we would not really want to sell off the main house separately to the renovated houses next door.

We would also be open to a rent to buy option but would need a decent deposit so we could buy another property further south and would really want everything completing within a year or two, not dragging on for 5 or 10 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive