Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Wake up before it is too late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 15 7:44 pm    Post subject: Wake up before it is too late. Reply with quote

Wake up before it is too late Interesting report from United Nations conference on trade & development 2013.
The only way we will feed the world is through small scale organics.

Rob R

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 15 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than spend my time reading it through, is there any indication of how we persuade people of this?

The international years of family farms last year, and soils this year, don't seem to be having much of an impact and I think most people think agriculture is fairly uninteresting, unfortunately.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 15 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn off the petrol for a couple of weeks that will empty the shelves and once the survivors settle down ,job done .

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 15 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
Rather than spend my time reading it through, is there any indication of how we persuade people of this?

The international years of family farms last year, and soils this year, don't seem to be having much of an impact and I think most people think agriculture is fairly uninteresting, unfortunately.

There are no easy answers, as the introduction in the report admits.
It's not going to be easy. As I said in the letter from Willy thread big business will try to protect itself regardless of the damage it causes. Look at the IMF Monsanto thread as an example?
So no I or the report, as far as I've read, has no answers to that.

Rob R

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 15 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think plenty of farmers do know this, but being driven by demand they have to produce what sells, even if it doesn't sell particularly profitably.

I watched a programme last night on iplayer about the supermarkets and how the changing habits of consumers means that they're now calling the shots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive