Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
My website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 6:17 pm    Post subject: My website? Reply with quote

I've spent the day working on my website. Its something that I should have done ages ago and while I'm quite a way from being satisfied, I'm happy that its much better than it was.

www.ourcider.co.uk

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too shabby. If you want text proof-reading then give me a yell.

Can you make the picture of the apples/titley bit below the menu a bit shallower? On my screen if I go to a page I can't see any of the text without scrolling down and people might not even realize it was there.

Bodger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get Karen to have a look at the picture. I'm not sure what you mean by text proof reading. Do you mean spelling mistakes and the like?

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

Bodger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate it if you would. My use of the both the spoken and the written word can be somewhat adventurous.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the content ,you have some good photos and the words say what needs saying in a crisp way

the layout needs tweeking ,for a lappy layout as mentioned above the apple snaps almost shove the words down and off the page and once one has scrolled for the words the top bar menu has gone skyward.

how the layout works on "new fangled"devices such as smart phones and tablets also requires testing

it looks nice with the spare space at the edges but if that space was used for the menu on one side and the content fitted into the rest of a page to avoid scrolling on most pages i recon it would have more impact and gain more sales ( most folk are lazy and cant be arsed scrolling unless they are led into reading a longish multi screen section and even then a next page button is better than scrolling)

i loathe scrolling and as i read a fair number of pdfs, books in scan formats,news clippings etc etc i have come to appreciate easy access to the words when it can be done.

RichardW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice & it passes the new google mobile site test too.

earthyvirgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 15 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you'd consider dropping the big drop shadow under the apple pic Bodger?

From a design perspective, it doesn't really sit with the rest of the design which is quite 2d. Adding a 3d element (for me anyway), makes me ask "why"?

Otherwise, it's nice and clean.

... the Welcome message, do you need to use the word website?
"Welcome to Morfa Nefyn Orchard" feels like enough words - just a thought.

EV

Bodger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 15 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll nip and have a look, to be honest its a picture I took ages ago and I'd not really noticed.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 15 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't particularly notice that either. There seems to be a stray 1. at the top of the home page. I didn't completely proof read, but what I read looks good. Would you describe when you next press apples for juice as ' a few weeks' at this time of year though? Perhaps give a rough date, like mid August or whatever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive